Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Jun 11, 2010 2:53 PM

mgb

short ski lakes

just wondering if anyone ski's on a real short lake were you can only run the course in 1 direction or use the 8 buoy course?  looking for any kind of feedback & pros and cons.

#2 Fri, Jun 11, 2010 3:01 PM

2gofaster

Re: short ski lakes

OB  at Waterski Atlanta does. I think he's a member here.  I know a few people have gone there and skied with him. They said it took a couple of passes to get used to the 8ball course, but after that it was all good.

Shane Hill

#3 Fri, Jun 11, 2010 3:13 PM

millertime
Skis At: Lake Weir and Blue Lake, Ocala,FL
Foot Forward: Right

We have an 8 buoy course. We have had it in the water for about three years. At one end of the lake you have to be pulling out as you are going throught the exit gate. The other end we are making a turn left as we are coming through but have a little cove to drop in and or spin if you wish. When people come and ski it does take them a couple passes to get the set up but over all helped out with the start set up.

"It is what it is"

#4 Fri, Jun 11, 2010 3:33 PM

mgb

you guys that use the 8 buoy course.  did you ever try moving the course closer to one end then you just ski 1 direction?  sounds like it could be a pain because you have to spin and ride back up the lake every pass..

#5 Fri, Jun 11, 2010 3:51 PM

millertime
Skis At: Lake Weir and Blue Lake, Ocala,FL
Foot Forward: Right

We tried to center it and it made the set up very short. We have a couple people that come up out of the toe plate and it was tough to get set up and relax a bit before the gates. We never even tried just a one way set up. I think you are right in that it would be a pain in the butt to ski back every time. The 8 buoy set up was our next step and it has been a good solution in my book.

"It is what it is"

Board footer