Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Jun 9, 2010 7:22 PM

ScarletArrow
Skis At: Bellalago - Leavittsburg, Ohio
Foot Forward: Left

Help me solve my glove problem

I had worn the red & black Masterline Mastercurves for about 2 seasons when they updated them last year to the all black.

Well the new design isn't working for me as it completely tears up my hands despite wearing Kevlar liners.

I saw a request from Gordon Rathbun a while back looking for the old red & black, so he must have had issues too.

Anyway...thinking of going with the Radar Storm (I tried the Ergo and didn't like the fit) or the HO 41 Tail.

What are you using...any recommendations?  It's been nearly 4 years since I've tried a brand other than ML so I'm open to suggestions.

Time to ski!

#2 Wed, Jun 9, 2010 7:50 PM

Thomas Wayne

Re: Help me solve my glove problem

I've been using Masterline Pro Locks (similar to the now-defunct Clincher brand).  After modifying them by removing the "dowel" and re-stitching some areas I use them all the time and haven't had a single blister in two years.

I do use a thin "power pad" under them, which may also have helped.

TW

#3 Wed, Jun 9, 2010 8:29 PM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario

check out the D3 gloves.  I am normally a medium in all gloves, and would try a small in the D3 again without liners.  Actually I'd try a small in most gloves these days.  But I am just using liners in the D3s now and they work great.

I wore HO gloves for ever and ended up selling 2 pairs of 41tails because they just didn't fit me right.

#4 Wed, Jun 9, 2010 8:42 PM

kstateskier

Buy em extra small...

KstateSkier
"The only thing standing between you and your goals is you"

#5 Thu, Jun 10, 2010 3:19 AM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"
Foot Forward: Right

I have some Straitline 436's they worked great last season, but Just got holes in them... so i'm not sure if i'd recomend them for long term use.  but they feel great! personally, i've never been a fan of having extra pading under my glove, to me i feel like i can't get my strongest grip because the extra padding not only slips around but also just addes more space inbetween me and the handle. Soooo, i don't like them. not sure if i'm the only one who feels that way, but yeah, when i look for gloves i try to find some with good leather/(what ever they use) stitching along the palm and fingertips. But now i really want to try out those new Mastelines or what i call "clincher alikes" because i've used a pair of old clinchers before and loved them. and those Masterline Pro Locks seem to be the exact same glove.. they deffinatly look like the typle of glove i would, and plan to, look into

-plotz

i swear this site is turning into my home...

#6 Thu, Jun 10, 2010 1:55 PM

jamisonsbrodie
Skis At: Lotus Lake

Pl0tz wrote:

! personally, i've never been a fan of having extra pading under my glove, to me i feel like i can't get my strongest grip because the extra padding not only slips around but also just addes more space inbetween me and the handle.

My thoughts exactly.  I have a pair of 436's and masterline k-palms.  I luv the k-palms, the 436 not so much.  Straightline Classics are nice too.  I am partial to kevlar palms due to the increased grip, but they are hard on the hands.  My palms do suffer, but I use duct tape when i get blisters/tears.  Clinchers are nice, and many years ago when I did use them, I never got a single blister, but you tend to hold on to the handle too long and the crashes intensify.

#7 Thu, Jun 10, 2010 7:44 PM

ColinCanski
Skis At: Gosfield WSC
Foot Forward: Right

Ski to Live - Live to Ski

#8 Thu, Jun 10, 2010 8:22 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

I tried Straightline 436 and S/L Advantage last season and these seem to tear up the palms very quickly. I actually had a pair of Accurate World cup from Academy sports that held up very well and only cost about $28.00. I just ordered a pair of Radar MPD's that I will begin to stress test soon!(hopefully!)

I do kinda like the sound of the Clinchers giving me the opportunity for a couple of extra style points in the event of a fall!!!

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

Board footer