Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sat, May 29, 2010 11:39 PM

Tanger

New Fluid Motions

Just installed new FM's on a Goode 9500. Mounted rear of front boot to Goode spec's and same as previous bindings. Ski is slow and wants to stop during off side turn. On side is not bad. Other bindings worked fine in this position. Anyone experienced this and any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chet

#2 Sun, May 30, 2010 1:22 PM

ktm300

Re: New Fluid Motions

Not sure what boots you were in b4 but if they were rubber or eva, the FM's will definitely translate your movements to the ski more.  Do not over tighten the top buckle.  I have never been able to run mine as far up as the stock suggestion and am usually a 1/4 or more back depending on the ski.  Don't hesitate to move em back.  I tried and tried to ski with a hardshell rear and just can't do it.  Have a FM front which I love and it has loved me back.  Wiley's rear.  I am RFF and just could not go left with rear hardshell.  Many people modify the rear hardshell by really cutting the cuff down or taking it off altogether.

#3 Sun, May 30, 2010 2:04 PM

miski
Skis At: Jepawhit, Lyons, SkiTec
Foot Forward: Left

Run your rear boot loose - I can pick my heel up .5" in back. When I first got on the FM's, WW had me loosened up the front so they were less responsive, but I still had to lose a whole bunch of unnecessary motion while skiing. It felt crazy at first, but it will force you to be more calm which should be better in the end.

I came out of Willey's - found may ankle bone (fibula) in my willey's and marked my ski, then found same in the FM front and marked it, matched these and overall setup felt identical. Going by measurement to back of binding could .25-.375" off from what I can tell - where your ankle is at in a binding depends on how big your feet are too.

#4 Tue, Jun 1, 2010 12:58 PM

jlgray

I agree with the above the FM's are MUCH more responsive and take some getting used to.  I came from D3's to them years ago and couldn't run a pass at first in fact couldn't get aroudn 1 ball.  I moved the boots back until I could run a pass.  Then after I started feeling them moved them forward bit by bit until they were exactly back to where my D3 bindings were.  You definitly have to learn to be still and learn that you don't have to ski AS aggressivly as you had to before.

#5 Tue, Jun 1, 2010 4:28 PM

Tanger

Thanks to all who responded with info. It really feels like the ski suddenly drags hard in the off side. Is this common if I'm not used to it? I tried Goode powershells and did not experience that at all. Are the FM's that different? Would jamming the rear boot  foward that extra little bit help much? I was thinking not to adjust the fin it's in the boots. What do you all think?

Thanks!!

Chet

#6 Tue, Jun 1, 2010 7:25 PM

Chef23
Foot Forward: Left

Just don't break anything in these.

Mark

Board footer