Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, May 27, 2010 8:29 PM

TomHenderson
Foot Forward: Lefty

My new toy

I got a new toy I wanted to share with yall.  Sorry for the super quick edit(and bad edit), but this is about all of the footage I have so far.  I plan on building a pretty good data base throughout the summer and releasing more and more edits.  Enjoy, let me know if you have any ideas on what you would like to see.

Tom

Check out the vid here : http://vimeo.com/12089288
or here: http://www.proskicoach.com/video/?watch … c365e4bba2

Last edited by TomHenderson (Thu, May 27, 2010 8:46 PM)

#2 Thu, May 27, 2010 8:45 PM

MattP
Skis At: Searching
Foot Forward: Left

Re: My new toy

Tom thats really cool! What kind of camera is that?

Looking for a place to ski near Kennesaw, Ga.
-MattP

#3 Thu, May 27, 2010 8:48 PM

TomHenderson

Thanks man.  Its all shot with a GoPro.  Pretty cool cameras, hd 5 mp still camera, waterproof housing all of 300 bucks.  I would suggest everyone to grab em and push what we have gotten on film within our sport.

Tom

#4 Thu, May 27, 2010 9:01 PM

Jhughes
Skis At: Lake County, IL
Foot Forward: Right

Tom, this has got me thinking: FlipHD camera + zip-loc bag + duct tape + helmet. I must try this :p

Last edited by Jhughes (Thu, May 27, 2010 9:02 PM)

#5 Thu, May 27, 2010 10:42 PM

Thomas Wayne

Funny you should mention it; I was just looking at the $300 GoPro set up today at a local cycle shop...  Highly cool.

TW

#6 Fri, May 28, 2010 2:13 AM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario

they work great in the snow too!

did you mount it to a helmet?

Last edited by Killer (Fri, May 28, 2010 2:13 AM)

#7 Fri, May 28, 2010 4:38 AM

TomHenderson

Unfortunatley im pretty much done snowskiing for the year.  So I dont know if ill get to much footage up in the mountains.  Carly if you go up (snow)skiing again let me know and I would love if you stole the camera for a day.

The camera was mounted to my helmet, but that was the reason for my limited footage.  As soon as I accelerated the visor on my helmet would catch wind and flip up.  its all a work in progress.  Ive got a ton of other shots in the works, all I think will be pretty dope.

#8 Fri, May 28, 2010 4:33 PM

snow1122

Love it!

Snow

#9 Fri, May 28, 2010 4:49 PM

cracker

Hi Tom, I am a new b here, the camera is deffently off tha chain almost like we r on yo back 4 tha ride.

#10 Sat, May 29, 2010 4:03 AM

aslalomboy
Skis At: buchli lake
Foot Forward: left

Tom, where were you skiing in that video?  I at first thought it was Pioneer lake until I clicked play.  You came  out in the fall a couple of years ago and skied some sets with Chad and me at Pioneer.   We all froze our butts off!   wink

Aaron Mason

#11 Sat, May 29, 2010 9:39 PM

ScotChipman

Aaron, It was the Utah Water Ski Club in Provo Bay on Utah Lake.

Scot Chipman

#12 Sun, May 30, 2010 11:32 PM

TomHenderson

Good to hear from you Aaron.  Hope your a little warmer down in Az.

Ive got bad news tho, there is now a $50 dollar reward for anyone who can find my camera at the bottom of Utah Lake!! Actually I guess thats good news for the person who finds it.  It was last seen flying off of my ski in between the gates and one ball.  The only thing I have learned so far is that GoPros do not float and after 45 mins in 60 degree water you will probably not ski so well.

#13 Mon, May 31, 2010 1:57 AM

steveb

Very cool. Putting it together like that reminds me of going thru everyday life kinda going left and right, like there are bouys everywhere.

You could include just everyday movement utilizing lefts and rights to continue that theme.  Nice job, it's very cool.

#14 Mon, May 31, 2010 4:38 AM

aslalomboy
Skis At: buchli lake
Foot Forward: left

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Tom.   It was good video while it lasted!                                           Yes, I am warmer here in Az! When I last skied on Friday the water temp was 78 and air temp 95.  But the funny thing is that I've used my boat heater and drysuit a LOT more here  than I ever used them in Utah - simply due to the fact that we can waterski all winter here. 

For all of you that haven't had the pleasure of meeting Tom, he's a great guy!  When he skied with us we had too many people in the boat cuz we all wanted to watch him ski.  But Tom didn't care that he wouldn't  have the best wake, he was just glad to be skiing.  He also gave me some good tips that have helped me ski better.

#15 Mon, May 31, 2010 2:02 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

Dude you lost it already?? No way. Better get a scuba tank. Or maybe a really large piece of cheese cloth.

#16 Tue, Jun 1, 2010 10:37 AM

slam2ball
Foot Forward: RFF

looking to order one, anyone advise on which particular one? HD surf or Naked?
thanks in advance.

#17 Tue, Jun 1, 2010 2:54 PM

Garn
Skis At: Utah Lake

Tom, I was out yesterday afternoon/evening and spent some time trying to find it for you without any luck.  Hopefully someone will stumble onto it.  And Wade, a scuba tank won't do any good at Provo Bay.  You have about 1 inch of visibility.  If I do find it thought Tom, keep your $50.00.  Don't need to get paid for helping somebody.

Garn

#18 Wed, Jun 2, 2010 9:49 PM

TomHenderson

I got the Helmet Hero.  It gives you tons of mounts that you can put just about anywhere. 

Thanks for looking again Garn, Ill be down in the next day or so to do some searchin....

Last edited by TomHenderson (Thu, Jun 3, 2010 4:05 AM)

Board footer