Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, May 20, 2010 12:46 PM

lagdawg

Measuring Radar RS-1 Bindings

I have a question about setting up RS-1 Bindings with sequence plate.  When measuring for the distance from the tail of the ski, where should I be measuring to?  I know that with traditional rubber bindings you would measure to the inside of the horseshoe on the binding.  So do I measure to the back of the boot? To the little white line on the middle hole of the plate?  I am trying to set up the ski as close to the factory settings as possible.  I am on a 69" Sixam SS.

#2 Thu, May 20, 2010 12:47 PM

2gofaster

Re: Measuring Radar RS-1 Bindings

You measure to the lower line of stitching on the lower heel.

Shane Hill

#3 Fri, May 21, 2010 3:53 AM

Thomas Wayne

In order to measure to that lower line of stitching accurately you have to remove the back boot.  This is a good thing, though, because then you can measure from the stitching line to the BACK EDGE of the Sequence plate, and you can RECORD that number.  From then on, all you have to do is measure from the tail of the ski to the back edge of the sequence plate and then add your recorded value for a total distance-from-tail.  No more messing with the back boot (or "eyeballing") again.

TW

Last edited by Thomas Wayne (Fri, May 21, 2010 3:54 AM)

#4 Fri, May 21, 2010 11:48 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Ahh, come on T.W.  us const. types do some our Best work with "Eyeball engineering"!big_smile

But, that is a great tip.

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#5 Fri, May 21, 2010 12:07 PM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake
Foot Forward: Left

I’ve done this before and I think it is accurate especially if you are mounted in holes and not slots.

Stand the ski straight up parallel to a tape measure and use a sprit level to get your reading.

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

Board footer