Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, May 18, 2010 3:28 AM

andy.furbush

What ski to purchase

I am 5' 7" and 140 pounds, I am skiing on a 65" connelly concept.  I ski 15 off at 32.  My ski is a little to small for me and is starting break down.  I have been skiing on it for five years now and I think that it is time for me to purchase a new ski.  I was wondering what would be good options.

thanks

#2 Tue, May 18, 2010 12:18 PM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake
Foot Forward: Left

Re: What ski to purchase

Go to Slalom Ski Guide at bottom of page and click. A lot to read!

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#3 Tue, May 18, 2010 1:49 PM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario

its not too small for you, 65" is probably the perfect size.   a RadaR Senate in 65" would provide more surface area than the concept, and a lot more tech.  Good price too!!!!

#4 Tue, May 18, 2010 3:36 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

The one ski that seems to have a great deal of buzz about it outperforming its price and performance slot is the Radar Senate. This definitely is true of the postings on this forum, but it will also be supported by the chatter at ballofspray.com and to a lesser extend fifteenoff.com.

That said, there are a mess of skis out there and they all ski pretty well. There aren't really a lot of skis to stay away from except for the ones that obviously don't meet your needs like a Big Daddy or the other side of a combo set for example. You can pick any one of them, that makes sense for you, and will likely be perfectly happy.

#5 Tue, May 18, 2010 4:13 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

How is it "starting to break down"?

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#6 Tue, May 18, 2010 6:59 PM

andy.furbush

Thanks for the input.  The ski is starting to break down in that there are is a large divit on the bottom of the ski from hitting a submerged log last season.  The fin needs to be replaced, and the ski needs new bindings so I just figured that I would purchase a new ski all together.

#7 Tue, May 18, 2010 10:57 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

andy.furbush wrote:

Thanks for the input.  The ski is starting to break down in that there are is a large divit on the bottom of the ski from hitting a submerged log last season.  The fin needs to be replaced, and the ski needs new bindings so I just figured that I would purchase a new ski all together.

WOW! -That's a battle scarred Veteran! Let your Buddies ride that one and get yourself a New Radar Senate w/Strada bindings and a Nice bag!cool

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#8 Thu, May 20, 2010 12:35 AM

slalomskier
Skis At:

i have a great 65 senate carbon for sale, if you are interested in that ski.  more info in the for sale section.

#9 Thu, May 20, 2010 12:51 PM

Slicer_Al
Foot Forward: right

Andy,

I was skiing on a 65" Concept for the last 10 years and I bought a 65" D3 Z7.  The ski is awesome!  Some of the companies have demo deals, were they will ship you a ski to demo and the costs in min. compared to buying a ski you don't end up liking.  I would try the Z7 and demo as many skis as you can.

Board footer