Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sun, May 16, 2010 9:42 PM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake
Foot Forward: Left

Anybody know about HO Level bindings?

Can anybody give their input on HO Level bindings? I have been using Animal and they cramp my feet after a few passes. The EXO cuffs hurt the forward/outer edge of my legs. I think my lower legs have a outer curve that causes that problem.
Some of my primary questions about the Level bindings:
1)    Are the kind of like the Radar’s hybrid where as they are stiffer giving more control?
2)    Are they releasable in a fall?
3)    Do they cramp feet like Animal?
4)    Are they durable and last?

Thank you for your replies.

http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/uploads/6212_ho_level_boot.jpg

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#2 Mon, May 17, 2010 4:22 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Anybody know about HO Level bindings?

I don't know too much about these bindings (haven't used them personally) but my guess is that they are a new an improved version to the HO Shock..

i swear this site is turning into my home...

#3 Mon, May 17, 2010 4:53 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

Yes, these are the continuation of the Shock. Unless they have been radically chanced, they are entry level semi-adjustable boots. From what I've felt are flimsy (even when compared to Wiley's) and I don't think they will be appropriate for your level of skiing. Flimsy is not reflecting on the build quality, but the level of support and fine control over the ski  you will have. In a continuation of my post on the binding debate thread, these boots are also going to rely on compression to hold you in and generate support. If it is the compression that is hurting your feet, then these are not going to solve the problem.

#4 Mon, May 17, 2010 5:06 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

Now that I think of it, I had a problem with cramping in both feet. I started out on Animals. I changed over to Drafts because I thought that front-lace would ease the problem. Nope. Got Wiley's because I was uncomfortable with the less than desirable release characteristics of the Draft. Still cramped in the Wiley's. What I eventually discovered was that I stood on my toes when I got picked up. This put a lot of strain on my arches and made my feet prone to cramp very quickly.

#5 Mon, May 17, 2010 5:50 PM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario
Foot Forward: Left

these are entry level bindings as stated a replacement for the shock.

Last edited by Killer (Mon, May 17, 2010 5:51 PM)

Board footer