Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sun, May 16, 2010 12:56 AM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole
Foot Forward: right

First set of the year!!!

Please Join me in the Celebration of a brand new ski season.big_smile

I actually got out on the water today and it was glass.  86 degrees air temp and water temp 70.  What a great day to kick off the ski season.

So hopefully everyone else who hasn't celebrated the start of their season will get to do so, soon!

Todd

#2 Sun, May 16, 2010 1:06 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Re: First set of the year!!!

Todd,

Are those unseasonably warm temps for up there? (86 degrees air temp and water temp 70.) That's about where we should be right now... Maybe I should go up and visit the Fam. in WA.!

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#3 Sun, May 16, 2010 3:20 PM

tsixam
Foot Forward: LF

I was skiing  today in 47F water and air. What is wrong, It should have been at least 60F at this time of year. Global warming..I doubt it.
Tsixam.

#4 Sun, May 16, 2010 6:16 PM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole
Foot Forward: right

In the tri cities we are in the desert, most people don't realize that southeastern washington is pretty dry 8" of rain a year and warm (spring through Fall)  Our normal high this time of year is 76 (95 in mid july) as reported in today's paper.  But normally we get 8-10 80+ degree days in may.

We have a couple of shallow areas where we ski so the water warms fast.  Our lows this time of year are around 50 so the water gets and stays warm. 

Just don't ski on the columbia without a dry suit.

April was about 5-10 degrees below normal the whole month,  so I will take a few warm days.

#5 Sun, May 23, 2010 2:09 AM

CamRon

Cleaned and waxed the boat today, dropping it in tomorrow for the first set of the season in NS... hopefully warmer than 47F haha

[Tactic Media] [Slow Motion Ski Edits Dropping Summer 2010]

#6 Sun, May 23, 2010 9:22 PM

Andrew1988
Skis At: Where ever I can
Foot Forward: Left

Was supposed to be cleaning, waxing, and taking the first set today but I have a fever and have felt like crap basically the last 3 days. sad I am jealous of you guys.

Looking for places to ski in Metro Detroit!

Board footer