Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, May 10, 2010 8:27 PM

Bubba

Dry Suit Repair; Blew a Seal

gitcher mind outta the gutter!!!!!! tongue

Who has seals for good price and speedy delivery to upstate NY?

My leg's cold, and wet, and my bouys are gittin kinda nervous about
their warm space bein invaded by 54deg. water.

Thanks
Bubba

#2 Mon, May 10, 2010 9:50 PM

Jhughes
Skis At: Lake County, IL
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Dry Suit Repair; Blew a Seal

Bart's has a seal repair kit.

#3 Mon, May 10, 2010 10:52 PM

snow1122
Foot Forward: Left

#4 Mon, May 10, 2010 11:59 PM

davemac
Foot Forward: RFF

Adrenalline Watersports also advertises that they repair individual or all latex seals    www.adrenalinewatersports.com/Products. … p;SubID=73
I think I recall reading somewhere that Wiley's may also provide this service   www.wileyski.com
Assuming time is of the essence, I'd probably call around to see where you'll get the fastest turnaround.  Good Luck.

Last edited by davemac (Tue, May 11, 2010 12:00 AM)

#5 Tue, May 11, 2010 12:12 AM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake

I had a full tear in my leg seal this past Winter. I patched it and it lasted. I have now sent it to Wiley’s to replace all seals for preventive measures. I have used them before and their seals are great and they are super people to work with. If you want more detail and a fix to get you to warmer weather until you can send it to Wiley’s, email me for instructions. [email protected]

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#6 Tue, May 11, 2010 3:40 PM

jamisonsbrodie
Skis At: Lotus Lake

I have had good luck with seals from NRS.  It is an easy process to do yourself and only takes about 15 minutes.  Check them out here:  http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product_list … ptid=1036.  I just blew out the last original seal on my Staywarm drysuit on sunday, and ordered up a new on yesterday. All other seals have been replaced with these.

#7 Wed, May 12, 2010 5:06 PM

vrod69
Skis At: carter lake,co

I just did mine this season and I found these guysover seas, cheap and fast shipping. seem to be working great so far.  http://www.hammond-drysuits.co.uk/Seals … _c_49.html

Just about to get on the water, WAHOOO!!
Bj

#8 Wed, May 12, 2010 5:33 PM

Deke
Skis At: 15/34

I just got an Eagle drysuit and I'm impressed with the seals.  They seem much thicker that those on my previous drysuits.  Wonder who their supplier is???

#9 Wed, May 12, 2010 6:06 PM

davemac

Deke wrote:

I just got an Eagle drysuit and I'm impressed with the seals.  They seem much thicker that those on my previous drysuits.  Wonder who their supplier is???

I'm not sure if it is also the case w/ the Eagle seals, but I think I recall that they get the zippers from Europe.  (I'm please w/ my eagle suit as well...after stretching some of the seals out a bit)

#10 Fri, May 21, 2010 11:45 AM

davemac

Deke,
..just checked my Eagle Suit.   The seals are made by Seamtite.   They are located in the U.K.

#11 Fri, May 21, 2010 2:41 PM

BrianM
Skis At: the cottage

I just got an Eagle as well and was also impressed with the seals.  Never put a drysuit on before.  Any tips hints?  My ankles were the hardest to get over.  Don't know if I'll have much hair left on my lower legs if I use it a lot.  Which way are the eagle seals suppose to face?

#12 Fri, May 21, 2010 3:00 PM

davemac

Brian,
Spray silicone or talcum powder will make the entry much easier. I bought a "drysuit care kit" from Adrenalinewatersports...for under $20 it included a big ziplock storage bag, a can of silicone spray, and some zipper wax.
My ankle seals were a bit too tight....I put a 1 liter soda bottle in them for a few day to give a little stretch (also used a basketball for the neck seal)
Regarding what way seals face, I just stick my ankle/wrists through the seal, then pull the nylon drysuit material down over the seal.

#13 Fri, May 21, 2010 5:10 PM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake

Brian,
Check with manufacturer before using silicone. Some say not to use it. My experience with seals is that they have a tendency to loosen up on their own and then don’t seal as well. I know I would not rush the stretching on mine. I do sprinkle baby power in mine before entering. For removing, I have a diluted solution of 2n1 shampoo/conditioner that I spray on my feet to help slide it off. Then rinse seals in water. Hang it up on an appropriate padded hanger in the dark away from exhaust fumes. Keep zipper waxed.

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

Board footer