Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sat, May 8, 2010 12:33 PM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake
Foot Forward: Left

Does the rope hit the rear straps of a bimini top at deep short line?

I want give my wife some shade while driving our boat. I hate the thought of putting holes in it and the bulkiness of a bimini top.

Has anyone heard of some type of affective top connecting to the pylon? Or something mounting to the floor and covering just the driver?

I also wonder if the rope hits the straps at -38 and -39.5.

I would help design something if there are others interested in such an animal. I like the idea best of a pylon mount with a couple of front straps.

Thank you for any help.

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#2 Sat, May 8, 2010 12:39 PM

2gofaster

Re: Does the rope hit the rear straps of a bimini top at deep short line?

I pull 39.5 off behind my CC196 every trip to the lake.  The bimini straps do not interfere. I've got them mounted in line with the back of the driver's seat which is about 6" ahead of the pylon. 

Once you put a bimini on, you'll wonder how you lived without it for so long. lol

Shane Hill

#3 Sat, May 8, 2010 1:06 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Canyon Lake, Ca.
Foot Forward: right

Bimini's are the way to go! Like Shane said, you'll wonder how you ever lived without one! I pull a guy into -41 quite often with no issues from the Bimini. I think boats look naked without them! Ha Ha

#4 Sat, May 8, 2010 2:26 PM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake
Foot Forward: Left

http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/uploads/6212_bimini_top.jpg

I have a Mastercraft and looking at the pictures in the Overton’s catalog, it looks like the rear straps would be way behind the pylon of my boat.

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#5 Sat, May 8, 2010 2:49 PM

2gofaster

You can't go by the pictures in overton's. For a 2003+ MC 190/197 I think they use an 82" wide bimini. You'll want 48" length. That's a pretty standard bimini(79-84Wx30-36Hx48L) That picture above is a 72" length.  If you buy the correct length and mount it correctly, it will not impede with the rope.

Shane Hill

Board footer