Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sun, May 2, 2010 10:05 PM

strikers9

1999 CDX

I have a 1999 wade cox edition CDX and looking for bindings. Any suggestions as to what bindings will work with the old hole pattern or any tricks to set up new bindings with the existing holes?

#2 Mon, May 3, 2010 2:34 AM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake
Foot Forward: Left

Re: 1999 CDX

I have a worn set (front and rear) of animal bindings, size medium with the old pattern. I think I have a never used rear boot. And I think I have some replacement wraps. All will fit the holes already in your ski. If you want to drill new holes for new plate pattern, which I do not recommend, you can put in new inserts.

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#3 Mon, May 3, 2010 11:31 AM

Jhughes
Skis At: Lake County, IL
Foot Forward: Right

You can also try swapping old-pattern plates onto new-pattern boots.

#4 Mon, May 3, 2010 10:28 PM

strikers9

Where can I find old pattern plates?

#5 Mon, May 3, 2010 10:33 PM

VBskier
Skis At: Pentalago Lakes

Check out www.ski-it-again.com. There is a good amout of used bindings on there that you might be able to use. If the bindings are shot you might be able to at least use the plates.

#6 Thu, May 6, 2010 3:47 AM

vrod69
Skis At: carter lake,co

A little off this topic but about the same ski, I picked one up a few months ago and I am looking for the factory settings for that ski.

As far as drilling a new set of holes, it can be done if you take your time and want to get a the right stuff, all you need is some nut inserts called Rivnuts and a squeeze gun to shoot them. You can get a low grade one from NAPA it will come with the rivnuts. just drill the holes right where you want them and squeeze them in like a pop rivet and your done. These are what most of the skis have in them already so it wont hurt your ski and they are aircraft grade.
But I would try finding a plate first. but if you cant come up with anything that's the way to go.

Good Luck

Last edited by vrod69 (Thu, May 6, 2010 3:49 AM)

Just about to get on the water, WAHOOO!!
Bj

#7 Thu, May 6, 2010 1:32 PM

Deke
Skis At: 15/34

Here are settings from Matt Rini given to me in 2003 for a (2000) 67" CDX.  They are different than the original "stock" setting and work really well.

Fin:  6.850, 2.495 & 0.920

Bindings: Front 1 hole back and the back binding all the way
back.  The binding all the way back on a 67" CDX represents 17 & 1/4 inches
from the heel to the tail of the ski.  If you are using Wiliey's it may
be different.  Put the tape between the horseshoe and the heel rubber to
get your measurement.  If your ski is working good then don't mess with
it. 

Wing angle about 9 degrees and upside down.

#8 Sun, May 9, 2010 3:09 PM

vrod69
Skis At: carter lake,co

Thanks for the setting I will give them a try

Just about to get on the water, WAHOOO!!
Bj

Board footer