Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sun, May 2, 2010 12:47 PM

Skiboy
Skis At: Pigeon Lake @ Ski Tek
Foot Forward: Right

Old Joint Injuries

Throwing this out there to see if anyone has gone through this.
  Im a mechanic who has been up and down on his knee for many many years, it has taken its toll now.
Apparntly bursitis has setteled into the joint, problem is the swelling gets so bad with infection , starts to leak puss and swells up to like a golf ball on my knee cap. Waiting to see a surgeon, untill then putting a damper on my spring skiing. Been dealing with this off and on for about 5 years, but the last month is brutal. Just wondering what to expect what the out come might be.
   Thanks fellow Skiers.

Skiing Finatic Once Again

#2 Sun, May 2, 2010 2:07 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Re: Old Joint Injuries

Wow, sorry to hear that... All I know about it is; If you've got any infection (with the swelling and puss present, you must...) I hope your personal  Doc has atleast got you on some antibiotics and NSAIDS. As, some infections can deteriorate bone!

I'll bet, if you can get the joint aspirated, get the infection under control and thus the pain and swelling would be eliminated or greatly deminished, you'de be back on the 'ol ski in 2-3 wks... I bet the doc will want you to imobilize your knee joint for a short time...

God Bless your speedy Recovery!smile

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#3 Wed, May 5, 2010 10:55 AM

Skiboy
Skis At: Pigeon Lake @ Ski Tek
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Old Joint Injuries

Thanks for the input. Am on antibiotics and the swelling has gone down now. The joint is still swelled and painfull, drained as much as we could, so interested what the fix will be in the long run. Getting old is crap. LOL

Skiing Finatic Once Again

Board footer