Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Apr 30, 2010 2:00 AM

jerrysnow
Skis At: Lac rouge
Foot Forward: Left

Radar Strada Boots Individual Plate

Why is the Radar Strada Boot sold with an individual plate?

I just bought a pair and wonder why. I tought the sequence plate was a very good idea. My friend has that set up and when adjusting his ski it was really easy. I am just curious.

The ice is gone i will be ready to ski soon !wink

Last edited by jerrysnow (Fri, Apr 30, 2010 2:00 AM)

Share your passion with others and it will keep yours alive!

#2 Fri, Apr 30, 2010 2:24 AM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Radar Strada Boots Individual Plate

The Sequence plate is a $65.00 accessory.
It sounds like Radar decided to kick in some free plates when they transitioned over to the Strada's. RS-1s shipped with no plates at all for the same $210 a shoe price.

#3 Fri, Apr 30, 2010 3:43 AM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario

Shipping.    The single plate is a shipping nighrmare, thats my 2 cents

#4 Sun, May 2, 2010 10:42 PM

Chef23

In case you don't have two Radar bindings.  I have a Strada front and a RTP.

#5 Mon, May 3, 2010 7:04 PM

BonEskier
Skis At: Bon Esperanza, Cape Town, South Africa

Hi guys.

While you're on the topic of the Strada boots.
I just ordered a pair but since i live in South Africa and we have a pretty small skiing community i haven't heard any skier feedback about them.
i need a binder that is of the highest performance but also doesn't cramp within 2 passes.
what do you guys think?

#6 Mon, May 3, 2010 9:19 PM

trichter12
Skis At:

They are a great pair of boots.  Ive skied a handful of sets with them this year and have really liked them.  Very comfortable, almost like wearing shoes on your ski.  I haven't had any cramping at all, you could ski with these for a long set without any discomfort.  As far as the plate issue goes, I believe it has more to do with skier preference.  The sequence plate allows the ski to flex how it was originally designed to.  The individual plates are more directly attached to the ski and constrain the flex a little, but allow for the use of a RTP or for those who prefer the feel over the sequence plate.  my 2 cents

Travis

#7 Wed, May 5, 2010 10:02 PM

sultan41
Foot Forward: right

Hey Gents,
I wanted to give you boys the factory reasoning for going to individual plates. All of your suggested reasons are correct. It's just ease of use and less confusion. I know all our team guys like Rossi are still using the big plate and it definitely has its merits but it's a lot easier to ship and to sell boots with the small plates included in the sale. The cost also went down on getting yourself into a set of Stradas. The big plate is still available as an aftermarket purchase if you're interested. Radarskistore.com or you can "buynow" directly from the website if you dont have a nearby dealer. 
Let me know if you have any more questions. I'm happy to throw my two cents in. If you have the boots already, I hope you're digging them... if not, you should check them out. They're damn good footwear!

sully

#8 Thu, May 6, 2010 5:28 PM

BonEskier
Skis At: Bon Esperanza, Cape Town, South Africa

Thanks Sully.

Getting mine soon...Eagerly waiting..!

Board footer