Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Apr 27, 2010 3:44 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

New PB

OK it doesnt count because the boat was slow but i am so stoked i had to spray a little. Last season my pb was 5 @ -32. Yesterday i ran -32 twice but slow at 17.35. So i figured lets try -35 just to see how it feels?? holy crap!! it is like a new sport. Made it to one ball so i guess it counts a 1/2 @ -35.
Slowing the boat down has been great advice for my -32 after running it yesterday i have no dought that it will fall soon at full speed. I am following Rossi's advice of slowly increasing the boat speed until i am at my max speed and running the pass. Having so much fun and really enjoying the ride!!!!!!!
Oh ya i owe most of this accomplishment to Jason Hutchins who has been down coaching me this spring. Great guy, amazing skier with sick coaching skills. I have more confidence then ever right now!!!
MC

Last edited by MChilcutt (Tue, Apr 27, 2010 4:47 PM)

#2 Tue, Apr 27, 2010 4:15 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"

Re: New PB

congrats MC!! i can't wait to really get out there. been skiing a few sets but nothing serious.. going up friday!! can't wait!!! also i'm gonna get lessons with corey humberg.. so hopefully i'll be getting a new PB as well!! smile

i swear this site is turning into my home...

#3 Tue, Apr 27, 2010 6:06 PM

tjo

Way to go MC!  Guess I'm going to be chasing you this summer smile

Travis Ogden

#4 Tue, Apr 27, 2010 7:26 PM

MChilcutt

I am not so sure about that Travis i might be chasing you??? Although i have a new stick coming this week !!! it might be a good one from what i have been seeing.    STRADA!!!!!
MC

#5 Tue, Apr 27, 2010 11:02 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Way 2 Go on the PB and the Sssssssssssssssmokin' New stick!cool

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#6 Wed, Apr 28, 2010 2:20 PM

Garn

Fantastic job Mark!  I've only been out once this year and you are already setting personal bests!  Just think of where you will be by the end of the season!

Garn

#7 Wed, Apr 28, 2010 2:43 PM

tjo

Let us know what, if anything, that Strada does for your skiing.  I'm very interested in that ski...would like to know your take on it.

Travis Ogden

#8 Wed, Apr 28, 2010 5:01 PM

rq0013
Skis At: 2@-35, 36 mph pb
Foot Forward: LFF

I have the strada and love it. I havent been on a course yet bu I know it will get me through 32' at 36mph. The offside which I had trouble with before is extremely good and predictable. The ski is so fast and smooth I know I will be knocking on the door of 35'

#9 Wed, Apr 28, 2010 5:42 PM

MChilcutt

Hey RQ0013,
  Stoked to here that about the Strada!!  What ski were you on?? What size Strada are you on and what are your specs height weight etc????

Thanks MC

#10 Wed, Apr 28, 2010 7:29 PM

rq0013
Skis At: 2@-35, 36 mph pb
Foot Forward: LFF

I was on the 65 RS1  before and a 66 MPD before that. I have a 66 strada. I am 5'10 145lbs, my pb in practice is 4 @32' at 36 mph. I got the 66 so I could grow into it and for easier resale. The 65 was harder to sell.

#11 Wed, Apr 28, 2010 7:49 PM

MChilcutt

Thanks man. I am a little concerned the 66 might be small for me at  5'9 175  34mph??
MC

#12 Wed, Apr 28, 2010 10:01 PM

tjo

Don't be too concerned.  If it's too small for you maybe I'll have to buy it from you tonguetongue 5'10" 155.

Last edited by tjo (Wed, Apr 28, 2010 10:02 PM)

Travis Ogden

#13 Thu, Apr 29, 2010 4:43 AM

MChilcutt

Travis your funny. I am going on the jenny craig starting tomorrow. "Now that is funny"
MC

#14 Thu, Apr 29, 2010 12:38 PM

2gofaster

Mark, I'm 170, 6ft, 34mph at 32 off.  The 66 Strada does NOT feel small at all for me at 34.

Shane Hill

#15 Thu, Apr 29, 2010 12:49 PM

MChilcutt

Sickness, Thanks Shane. what were you on and what are your thoughts on the Strada???

MC

Board footer