Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Apr 12, 2010 12:18 AM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake
Foot Forward: Left

ShadowBox30Xs should help all skiers.

With the help of Wade coordinating with some skiers that can ski through 41off, we can better understand the “what works” in a slalom course. This Website has just shy of 700 registered members. If we all pitch-in a little money to purchase two of these GPS trackers (http://shadowboxlive.com/ ), and Wade can get several 41off skiers to take turns and mount then on the front and back of their skis, then a tremendous amount of data can be compiled once the two paths are overlaid on a printout of a slalom course.
Such as:
•The path of the ski through the course.
•The angel of the ski at any given spot in the course.
•The speed of the ski at any given spot in the course.
Even if just one tracker is used most of the same data could be gathered except for the angle of the ski.
I believe this information would be beneficial to the 41 off skiers that help gather the data as well as everyone that skies.
Am I wrong or right to the value of this information?
Hasn’t everyone wondered:
•What is the best path?
•Does a constant speed work better or speed-up then slow down?
•How much angle should I get out of the buoy?
•How early should I break the line through the buoys?
•Do the paths change for the line length or stay the same?
Wade could keep the tracker or trackers for members to visit him to check their path. It would seem to me that a boat with Zero of could also show where the boat is (down course) in relation to where the skier is.
How about it Wade, can you do a mass email to all users to link back here and say if they are willing to pitch in?

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#2 Mon, Apr 12, 2010 1:26 AM

t8skier
Skis At: Collierville Ski Club, Tn
Foot Forward: Right

Re: ShadowBox30Xs should help all skiers.

I did a post wondering if this would product for slalom skiing.  From what I gathered, it is not accurate enough for what we do.

#3 Mon, Apr 12, 2010 2:18 AM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake
Foot Forward: Left

I sent a request just now to ask how accurate it is.

How about videoing from a helicopter flying over at the same boat speed directly overhead?

That might also be very helpful.

Does anyone know if this has been done?

Last edited by BudMan (Mon, Apr 12, 2010 2:18 AM)

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#4 Mon, Apr 12, 2010 1:17 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

I post'd the Shadow Box about a yr. ago and it sure looks to have promise. But, for now, Noone within these boards or any others that I have found have really given it a good try. Only a lot of speculators, speculating that it would be much too inaccurate for our kind of use. ??????? But, @ $500 or what ever they're asking now, I can't plunk dn. the Green to find out either!

I also post'd for an Aerial Full pass view. -someone will eventually nail this. As it could (would) be so much more Benefecial then the same old front views...

Like the Aerial full pass, the ShadowBox needs to be done with a varity of speeds and line lengths. A -41 skier has very little in common with the -15 skier. Atleast from the -15's skiers view, He needs to see the groove and tempo of a -15 or -22 skier @ simular boat speeds to Him/Her... It's all relative. But, one needs to crawl B4 one can walk, always.

I think the aerial views could be best $ spent... Unless Wade could get the Boyz @ ShadowBox to do some Better promotional work for our sport on this site!smile

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#5 Mon, Apr 12, 2010 2:09 PM

2gofaster

The problem is that all the data in the world means nothing if you can't interpret it and break it down into something that applies to your own skiing.

Shane Hill

Board footer