Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sun, Apr 11, 2010 12:55 AM

barefutn

Radar Strada boot sizing

I'm looking to pick up some Strada boots and am wondering about size. I wear size 11.5 tennis shoes.
Should I go size 11 or 12 in the Strada boots? Is the a difference in the "shell" size between the two? Or is the difference just in the liners?

Thanks!
Mike

#2 Mon, Apr 12, 2010 1:06 PM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Radar Strada boot sizing

The shells are different.  I wear a 11.5 shoe and I ski size 11 Strada boots.  At first my big toe is cramped in there, but as the liner breaks in, I end up with the perfect fit.  Some other skiers in the same position have found the toe to be too uncomfortable and opted for the 12's!

#3 Mon, Apr 12, 2010 1:41 PM

Deke
Skis At: 15/34

Can you fit these similar to snow ski boots?  That is, put your foot in the shell without the liner, slide all the way forward, and check the space between your heel and the shell? 

FWIW, I wear 10 shoes and 9 RS-1's.

#4 Wed, Apr 14, 2010 2:26 PM

barefutn

Thanks for the input! Was able to try on a pair or 11s. While the liner was snug (pre-heat formed), there was plenty of toe room inside the shell.

#5 Wed, Apr 14, 2010 4:25 PM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake
Foot Forward: Left

I heard that you can put spacer caps on your toes when you heat molding the liners so that you get a good fit skiing without cramping in on your toes. I tried a pair on last year. My foot is a 10 and I tried on a 10 RS1. The shell was the right size, but as others have already said; the big to was very, very cramped. I did not buy them, just tried on. I’ve got HO EXO PROs on the way.

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#6 Sun, Apr 18, 2010 1:21 AM

aussiemc
Skis At: Myuna Bay NSW Australia

Hey BudMan, what size EXO's did you go for? I need to get some but there isn't any stock in Australia yet, to try on. Have a friend going to the states, next week, and she can bring me some home if I can sort out a size.

#7 Sun, Apr 18, 2010 1:55 AM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake
Foot Forward: Left

aussiemc, My foot is a 10 (shoe wise) and HO said to go with a 10 boot. I orderd without trying on. They have not arived yet.

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

Board footer