Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Apr 5, 2010 3:06 AM

Norcal2NYC
Skis At: Twins Lake (NY), Redtail (Norcal)
Foot Forward: Left

Radar RS1/Strada Boots

I just got an S1 and want to match it up with double Radar RS1's or Strada’s with sequence plate.

I'm looking for info on comfort, durability, safety, and control. Is there any advantage of the Strada over the RS1.

Any info would be appreciated.

#2 Mon, Apr 5, 2010 3:48 AM

Deke
Skis At: 15/34
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Radar RS1/Strada Boots

Only advantage I can think of is that when you need to replace the liners you will be able to get Strada's and not RS-1's.  Other than that the Strada is the next generation of that boot design.  I own RS-1's but if I were buying right now I'd get the  Strada's.

#3 Mon, Apr 5, 2010 10:48 AM

davemac
Foot Forward: RFF

Strada comes w/ a removable insole/footbed.  If you have arch issues (like me), it would be a big plus.  With the RS1s many have just added Superfeet insoles.

#4 Mon, Apr 5, 2010 12:11 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Norcal2NYC wrote:

I just got an S1 and want to match it up with double Radar RS1's or Strada’s with sequence plate.

I'm looking for info on comfort, durability, safety, and control. Is there any advantage of the Strada over the RS1.

Any info would be appreciated.

Comfort: Yes, absolute comfort! (like custom made shoes) (actually, even better then that!)smile

Durabilty: Very well built, just DO NOT over pull on the laces. (they are not designed to be yanked Hard to provide support and release...)

Safety: Release seems Good and certainly seems safer then cinched down rubbers!

Control: I like 'em. Chris seems to casually run 41 off with them!

Strada/Rs-1: Which ever one you get the Best deal on, -Buy 'em!

Good Luck!

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#5 Mon, Apr 5, 2010 2:13 PM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario

I just picked up some new RS1s for $210 NIB, no plate, but I have one already from my Rail's.  can't wait to try them & compare to the rails I came off of!!!!

#6 Mon, Apr 5, 2010 4:22 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

My 2 cents

Comfort: They feel a little strange if you are used to firm pressure of a rubber boot. Strange in a good way

Durability: After a couple of hard season, they might look like a worn down pair of shoes, but that doesn't mean that you won't want to keep using them (my hiking boots are almost 10 years old now). The bungee will wear out first no matter what you do, and that files into the "big stinking deal" category

Performance: They strike a very good balance. They are very responsive but yet are soft enough in the right places to allow a few mistakes without putting you in the drink.

Safety: The release is a known quantity. Strap in and try to step out. If you are okay with that pressure, then you will be fine on the water. The key is that the upper lace must have room to stretch. If there is no
room, you will not release as intended.

RS-1 vs Strada: For what it's worth, they redesigned the cuff for the Strada. That back panel has been made softer, so it might be easier to stand up tall (for what I feel the RS-1 has a cuff angle similar to the Approach)
If your price is within $80, I'd go with the Strada. If you can get your RS-1's for $320 (that 's what I paid), I would chase the savings.

#7 Mon, Apr 12, 2010 11:50 PM

Norcal2NYC
Skis At: Twins Lake (NY), Redtail (Norcal)

Thanks for the info guys!  Can't wait to match up my S1 with some Stradas.

#8 Tue, Apr 13, 2010 2:39 AM

SteveDoc
Skis At: Sacramento Delta
Foot Forward: right

I've got the S1 with the Strada boots  on the Sequence plate I love the setup. Very comfortable and easy to adjust. The ski came with animal bindings didn't like them and switched to the Strada's not looking back.
Good luck
Steve

Board footer