Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Apr 1, 2010 4:13 AM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Carly Clifton=Amazing skier

What a treat it is to ski with a pro!! It puts a whole new light on waterskiing for me when i watch the speed generated out of the turn before the first wake watching Carly last week. It helps me better understand that this deal is not about brute strenght but really about technique and finesse. Dont get me wrong i know strenght and conditioning are a big part and Carly is in great physical shape but like i said this day was an eye opening experience for me and has me very stoked. Oh ya and a lot of fun first and foremost!!!
MC

#2 Thu, Apr 1, 2010 11:04 AM

2gofaster

Re: Carly Clifton=Amazing skier

Watching a really good woman skier is an eye opener.  Men seem to always fall back on their brute strength when they need to. Women fall back on their technique.

Shane Hill

#3 Thu, Apr 1, 2010 12:24 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

2gofaster wrote:

Watching a really good woman skier is an eye opener.  Men seem to always fall back on their brute strength when they need to. Women fall back on their technique.

AMEN!
I always 1/2 jokingly say: "I want to learn to ski like a Woman"! I've always wanted to go to the course and practice light hands and finesse by leaving my gloves in the boat! Think about it, anything other then smooth and fluid transitions would result in clinching and muscleing it... might have to slow down a little or stay a little longer, but I know in my Heart, if done right, this would be like Rocky Balboa trying to catch the Chicken... (a little outside the Box...)

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#4 Thu, Apr 1, 2010 9:32 PM

Garn
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

I look forward to meeting Carly and skiing with her.  After all, we're teammates now!

Garn

Board footer