Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Mar 31, 2010 3:17 AM

wdnrbll
Foot Forward: right

slalom courses in the Pacific Northwest

Does anyone know of any slalom courses in the Portland, OR area? I'd love to give it a try.

#2 Wed, Mar 31, 2010 4:29 AM

mike55

Re: slalom courses in the Pacific Northwest

I'ld head up I-5 to Toledo, Wa. exit 63 and visit my friends at Koppert Lake. They supply the boat and driver. You just pay for the number of passes or a lesson if thats  what you decide. They have a small pro shop there with dry suits, Radar and H.O skis etc. Talk to Eric at 360-864-4137...Good Luck

#3 Wed, Mar 31, 2010 6:54 PM

ScotChipman
Foot Forward: Right

Anything near Spokane WA? My wife now goes there for work now and then.

Scot Chipman

#4 Wed, Mar 31, 2010 7:14 PM

wdnrbll

Thanks Mike

#5 Wed, Mar 31, 2010 9:42 PM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole

Spokane has two courses on the spokane river by the dam.  Problem is you have to know someone I don't think there is an easy boat access.  Very protected and cold water.  Moses lake has a few that's a 1.5 hr drive.  Kennewick is 2 hours and we have a couple spots that are nice. You could ski with us anytime.

Lots of lakes in spokane so I am sure there are some hidden courses, I just don't spend enough time up there.

Portland/vancouver has quite a few spots with a few man made lakes.

Todd

#6 Wed, Mar 31, 2010 10:42 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Hey Todd,
How about near Ilwaco? (on the coast, across the mouth of the Columbia river from Astoria, OR.)

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#7 Sat, Apr 3, 2010 3:47 AM

Sully
Skis At: Mint Lake

Lots of lakes with slalom courses in the Portland/Vancouver area. Tugg Lake, Warmen http://www.warmanlake.com/, Mint Lake in Yacolt.

In Spokane there is a course on Long Lake by the boat ramp.

2008 Malibu Response LXi Currently working on 28 at 36, Ripping with the Strada!

#8 Sat, Apr 3, 2010 2:42 PM

ToddF

Ilwaco I would really doubt it. it is dry suit weather 11 months out of the year on the coast.big_smile  Although when you drive around you will find a lot of small natural lakes that would be perfect to put a course on.  I have never seen or heard of anything on the coast.

#9 Sat, Apr 3, 2010 2:57 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

Ya Man, it's considered rainy season yr. round out there!smile I have Family out there and would love to get in a little H2o time when visiting... Guess I'll have to adopt some new Fam. dn. in FL. or up near RadaR Lakes!smile

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#10 Sat, Apr 3, 2010 6:01 PM

ToddF

from ilwaco you are only 1.5 hrs from winlock. which is a group of manmade lakes right off of I-5.

#11 Sat, Apr 3, 2010 11:20 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

ToddF wrote:

from ilwaco you are only 1.5 hrs from winlock. which is a group of manmade lakes right off of I-5.

Should I assume they are "Ski Lakes"? And if so, do ya know how I would  connect with someone ahead of time to confirm my acceptance!?!?

#12 Sun, Apr 4, 2010 12:34 AM

Thomas Wayne

There's currently at least one lot for sale at Winlock Lakes.  Buy it and I can guarantee you'll be accepted to ski there.

TW

#13 Sun, Apr 4, 2010 1:45 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

Oh Man, that would be a rough commute to get a quick set in after work. -from TN.!big_smile However, I am dreaming of living on a ski Lake somewhere... ahh, "anywhere" I think!

#14 Sun, Apr 4, 2010 1:55 AM

Digger
Skis At: Steilacoom Lake

Hey H2ODawg79, should be a piece of cake. Get off at 5p, jump in the Lear and crank out here and with the time you'll pick up, you can be on the water by 5:15p!!!big_smile

Last edited by Digger (Sun, Apr 4, 2010 1:56 AM)

Ski hard or save the gas

Board footer