Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sun, Mar 28, 2010 9:19 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"
Foot Forward: Right

Life Jacket/Vest Zippers

Recently I've been looking into getting a new life jacket. I've noticed you can get the zipper in either the front, side, back, or just a pull over! So, I'm wondering... whats the big difference in the location of the zipper?? i mean besides the way you put on, do they have any difference?? I'm already a fan of the normal up front zipper but I've never tried anything else so i can't compare them. any opinions??

-plotz

i swear this site is turning into my home...

#2 Sun, Mar 28, 2010 11:44 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

Re: Life Jacket/Vest Zippers

Front vs. side seems to be about ergonomics, and the obvious differences in how you put it on.

I think what a rear zipper lets you do is cut a vest a little tighter around the waist.
So the fit should, or could be, a little bit better without making it too hard to get on.
I cannot think of a single life jacket that has a rear zipper. This is something that
only shows up on competition ski vests.

#3 Mon, Mar 29, 2010 1:09 AM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"

Thank you! and the Eagle Aftershock is the specific vest i'm talking about. least for the rear zipper..

i swear this site is turning into my home...

#4 Mon, Mar 29, 2010 2:02 AM

Essvar
Skis At: Dawn
Foot Forward: RFF

The rear zipper and pullover type vests prevent your arms from getting zipper burn, and allow for a second skin feeling to your vest. Can't go wrong with any Eagle vest. I have a Eagle Bird Of Prey rear zip and I love it!

Just make sure to read the instructions about how to take the vest on/off so you don't look like a tard flapping around like a fish out of water smile

#5 Sat, Oct 23, 2010 10:13 AM

ritasamson

Hi Im new here, I want any branded lift jacket can anyone suggest me some?

Last edited by ritasamson (Mon, Oct 25, 2010 7:15 AM)

#6 Sat, Oct 23, 2010 12:42 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

www.bulletlines.com/wakeboard-vest-wake … g-s/14.htm

I bought the "impact" flak style vest and have used it for the last 2 seasons. It still looks like brand new, w/o any wear & tear! It is Super light (does NOT sacurate with H2O) and thin. But the pnl's feel good and solid. X.L. arm holes to prevent rashing. It can still be had on ebay for 49.99 instead of 79.99...

It's worth checking out!

Of course if $$$ is no object, All of the Eagle stuff is Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! cool Man, I Love all the Cool choices that they have to offer and the Quality surely can't be beat...

Last edited by h20dawg79 (Sat, Oct 23, 2010 1:08 PM)

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

Board footer