Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sun, Mar 28, 2010 6:13 PM

dstenzel
Skis At: Belleville MI
Foot Forward: left

Connelly F1 or Prophecy?

I've been on a Connelly F1X for the last few years. When I got that ski I had to choose between a 65 and a 67. I'm 5-8 and 145 and at the time I was trying to up the boat speed from 28 to 30 (no laughing please) so I got the 67. Now I'm pretty consistent thru the course at 30, but when I try 32 I feel like I'm skipping across the surface of the water and get pulled down-course. Several people have said that I probably have too much surface area for the higher speed. So now I'm considering a 66" ski, probably the F1 or the Prophecy.
Would either of those make sense if I'm always stuck at 30-32 mph? My goal is to one day make a pass at
34 mph but what if I never get there? Also, any ideas about which one might be the better choice?

#2 Sun, Mar 28, 2010 7:02 PM

laz

Re: Connelly F1 or Prophecy?

I'm in a similar situation to you.  I switched from an F1x to an F1 last summer and so far have been pleased with the F1.  I have just started mastering 34mph and am mostly working on 15' and 22' off with occasional attempt at 28' off.  So, I'm pretty close to you.

My understanding is that since 2009, the flex in the F1 is a bit more suited to 34 vs 36mph.  So, I wouldn't go all the way to a prophecy and stick to an F1.

Also, it took me more getting used to the change from an F1x to an F1 than I expected. The F1 is a fast ski and probably all I  (and maybe you) will need for a long time.

Enjoy!

Board footer