Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Mar 26, 2010 11:16 PM

Nuggets

HO Syndicate A1 vs Radar Strada

Hi Guys,

Can someone please help me? I am by no means a professional skier but am looking to get a ski to help me improve to a better standard. Can ski pretty well now but want to get to that next step.

Looking for your opinions - HO A1 or the Radar Strada? What are your reasons for choice?

Thanks

#2 Fri, Mar 26, 2010 11:57 PM

Digger
Skis At: Steilacoom Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Re: HO Syndicate A1 vs Radar Strada

Nuggets -

I have skied both - started on the A1 last March or so and tried the Strada last Nov. Ended up keeping the Strada and sold the A1. Both 66". The Strada has (for me anyway) a much smoother and sweeter off side, this thing is like on a rail for me and I immediately skied better and more consistent. I ski at 32 mph which I know is slow for this ski (either of them for that matter) but I feel no bogs or hesitations. I was hitting half of my 28 off passes with the A1 and ran the easiest 28 off ever the first time on the Strada smile. Now getting more 32 off's than I am missing and this is through the winter big_smile. I have hopes of being consistent into 35 off by mid summer lol. Not everybody likes or agrees on any ski but for me, the Strada was hands down better and I was a died and true HO skier. Going to try a 65" Strada soon, thnk it will be a little more responsive (quicker) in the turns for me - 5' 5" 145lbs so feel the 66" is too long, but I do love it!

Last edited by Digger (Sat, Mar 27, 2010 12:02 AM)

Ski hard or save the gas

#3 Sat, Mar 27, 2010 12:38 AM

Nuggets

Thanks Digger, I have never tried the slalom course but would love to in the future! Have you ski'd the Annex? How did this compare with the Strada? I have ski'd the Annex but not Strada and loved how smooth it was and it too made me more consistant and felt like a better skier! I ski same speed as you. Thanks

#4 Sat, Mar 27, 2010 2:03 AM

Digger
Skis At: Steilacoom Lake

Can't help ya there Nuggets, only Radar I've been on is the Strada, I'm sure this will be it for at least the summer, as fast as new skis come out. A2? Z7ST? And I'm sure the next Radar will be out soon. Skiing is too expensive.

Ski hard or save the gas

#5 Sat, Mar 27, 2010 3:12 AM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

I seem to remember Trent saying that he skied worlds on an Annex. The Annex will definitely rip.

A1 vs. Strada? If it were me, I think I would bide my time. Marcus and Dave have teased that the A2 is coming down the pipes, and Trent said that Radar will be making his signature ski for 2011. Bit then again, my ski is not due to be replaced this year. I guess this isn't all that different than any other year, but a new platform like the Strada will stay around for a few years.

What are you on now?

Last edited by HO410 (Sat, Mar 27, 2010 5:26 AM)

#6 Sat, Mar 27, 2010 10:52 PM

CoreyHumburg
Skis At: The Farm

I wouldn't overlook the A1 or the S1.  In my experience, they are far more stable and predictable than the strada.  I also disagree regarding the offside turn. I don't think any ski on the market has turns the offside half as well as the Syndicate. 

If you would like more info on the A1 and S1, email me.  [email protected]

I believe in 3 things: Peace, Love & Waterskiing.

#7 Sun, Mar 28, 2010 12:04 AM

Andrew1988
Skis At: Where ever I can
Foot Forward: Left

Nuggets wrote:

Thanks Digger, I have never tried the slalom course but would love to in the future! Have you ski'd the Annex? How did this compare with the Strada? I have ski'd the Annex but not Strada and loved how smooth it was and it too made me more consistant and felt like a better skier! I ski same speed as you. Thanks

In my honest opinion if you have never been in the course you probably don't need the Strada or the A1. This will also save you money if you buy either of the companies not top of the line ski. Trent said in the live webcast that you don't need the biggest and baddest ski on the market to run high end slalom passes open water or in the course. Chris Rossi has also said that he skis on the Annex and likes that ski very much too. I have not had to opportunity to ride either of the skis yet but my guess is you will be just as happy with the Annex or an HO similar to the Annex. You will also still be able to progress just as fast. I know I don't have experience with either of the skis. I am still on a HO System 8 that I got in 06 and I have only be able to ride the Radar RS-1 last year which I did not like but I don't think the rep set the bindings and fin up correctly because it felt realllllly bad.

Hopefully someone else can provide a more clear description on what I am trying to say lol. big_smile

Looking for places to ski in Metro Detroit!

#8 Sun, Mar 28, 2010 3:07 AM

2gofaster

Nuggets, If i were you I'd get on something like the Senate C. Or maybe the new HO Coefficient X.  The Senate C is a high end carbon ski for half the price of the A1, Strada, or any of the others.  And it'll take you well into 35 off or shorter. I'm thinking that the Co-X is going to be very similar.

Shane Hill

#9 Mon, Mar 29, 2010 6:06 PM

Andrew1988
Skis At: Where ever I can

2gofaster wrote:

Nuggets, If i were you I'd get on something like the Senate C. Or maybe the new HO Coefficient X.  The Senate C is a high end carbon ski for half the price of the A1, Strada, or any of the others.  And it'll take you well into 35 off or shorter. I'm thinking that the Co-X is going to be very similar.

Thats basically what I was trying to say in my previous post lol.

Looking for places to ski in Metro Detroit!

#10 Tue, Mar 30, 2010 1:12 AM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake

I tried a bunch of the high end skies over the past couple of months and have settled on the A1.

I would suggest you and someone go together on buy a portable course. They truly only take a few minutes to put in and will give you a true measurement of your progress. You will wonder why you did not do it sooner. Of course if you can put in some type of permanent course, that would be even better.

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#11 Thu, Apr 1, 2010 7:57 PM

damian

Nuggets,
I have gone from HO Monza to Strada and love it.  I tested both the A1, S1 also.  The fact is everyone is different and the only way to work out what is best for you is to test them.  So go to our local dealer and organise all the ski's you are considering and then go with the one that you feel most comfortable on.
Damian

#12 Fri, May 14, 2010 8:47 PM

skidream
Skis At: Madison, Still Farm

I have been skiing on Kidder and D3 ski's my whole life and my most recent D3 was a Nomad RCX.  I liked the Nomad but found it to be a very high riding ski in the water (Very fast!).  Also the ski was very unpredictable in the turns.  I skied 2 seasons on it and could never get it dialed in perfect! I just tried the A1 last weekend and I am very pleased!! First set on the ski and I already felt very comfortable.  It is way more stable in the turns and still has the speed.  But what I like is that it rides very deep in the water giving me a better feel for the ski!! I'm going to ski it again this weekend and I have no doubt it will be great!! A1!!!!

Warming up!!!

Ski Hard or Go Home!!

Board footer