Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Mar 23, 2010 1:23 PM

blorr

ski advice

I'm new to the forums and really enjoying reading it all.
I wanted to get your advice.  I've been an aggressive free skier for years now and am now getting into the course.  I'm wanting to get a new ski and wanted to get your thoughts on the following.

I'm looking at an O'brien siege.  I know there are better skis out there, but my budget it pretty limited.  I will mostly be in the 30-34 mph range.  It is a 68 in. ski.
I'm 6'  and 182 pounds. 

What do you think?

Thanks for your help!!

Brent

#2 Fri, Apr 9, 2010 6:39 PM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake
Foot Forward: Left

Re: ski advice

Brent,
I would suggest trying as many of the more current year models as you can, and find one that works for you. I might also add, use factory suggested settings on bindings and fins. Then shop for a used model of what you like. You ski because you want to not because you have to. Save money some where else and enjoy skiing. Eat in instead of eating out. We don’t know when our ride is over so enjoy life. Enjoy skiing.
Bud

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#3 Sat, Apr 10, 2010 2:06 PM

vrod69
Skis At: carter lake,co
Foot Forward: Right

I agree with budman... But check with your local shop to see what kind of buyers plans they have. Tommy's Slalom shop here in Denver has a try and buy plan that lets you try up to 12 ski's for up to 2 weeks per ski and every time you  get a different ski you give them $50.00 for a loan fee. But the cool part is that it all goes toward the purchase of the ski of your choice. Its really a good thing this way you can get a good feel for many different skis and find the right one for your needs.
good luck

Just about to get on the water, WAHOOO!!
Bj

#4 Sat, Apr 10, 2010 2:19 PM

TaddSchreiber
Skis At: Whitestone Lakes
Foot Forward: Right

Blorr,
Love to hear about people getting more into their skiing.  Great news.
Anyway, give me a call and we can talk about different skis and I can see what may work best for you.  There are quite a few good skis out there, that may work for you, would love to talk to you more in depth about you and your skiing.
The program that Vrod69 spoke about sounds pretty much like the Ride Before You Buy Demo program that we(H2Osmosis) created initially. So this way, I can send you skis to demo out and you can see if they work for you.  Would love to hear from you.
Let me know
Tadd
H2OProshop.com
tadd at h2oproshop dot com

Board footer