Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Mar 18, 2010 7:10 PM

EdJohnson

NEW Goode MID-Ride

Anyone tried the new Goode Mid-Ride, a cross between the Regular and Wide-Ride, and what were your impressions? I switched from the Regular to Wide-Ride two seasons ago and absolutely love it.
Would really like to hear from someone who has already skied the Wide-Ride.

Thanks in Advance,  ED

#2 Thu, Mar 18, 2010 10:16 PM

ScotChipman
Foot Forward: Right

Re: NEW Goode MID-Ride

Ed, Jeff Milford has both a Mid and a Wide ride. I will see if I can get him to post his thoughts one here.

Last edited by ScotChipman (Fri, Mar 19, 2010 1:52 PM)

Scot Chipman

#3 Thu, Mar 18, 2010 11:20 PM

EdJohnson

Scot, that would be great. I would be interested in what he feels the differences are. While talking with Mary today at Goode, she said Nick set a PB in is first Tournament on the Mid. Is Nick or Mike on it now?
Hope your ice is gone and your back on the water.
Thanks,  ED

#4 Fri, Mar 19, 2010 1:50 PM

ScotChipman

Last I heard Nick Parsons was on the Mid but you never know with him, he is always testing new stuff which is part of being on team GOODE. Not sure what Mike Parsons is skiing on right now but I'm sure he has been on the Mid.

Scot Chipman

#5 Fri, Mar 19, 2010 5:09 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake

Do not want to speak for Jeff or Goode but Milford mentioned while in Costa Rica that he felt like he had more room to make a mistake and recover from it  on the wide compared to the mid. Again do not quote me on this but i am sure that is what Milford mentioned.
MC

Last edited by MChilcutt (Fri, Mar 19, 2010 7:53 PM)

#6 Fri, Mar 19, 2010 5:16 PM

ScotChipman

Jeff just posted this on http://ballofspray.com/vanillaforum

I was lucky enough to get to try the mid ride starting in October of last year and have been switching between the mid and wide for the last 20 sets. I have approximately 10 sets under my belt on the mid ride and can say that this ski has serious potential.  When I say poetential, I mean potential to replace my wide ride.  With that being said, I get a little attached to a ski, so everytime I take a set on the mid ride, I feel a little like I am cheating on my girlfriend, as I have been though a lot with my wide ride, had some success and spent some late nights at the lake with her, so considering another ski is a real big deal.

NIck Parsons jumped on a mid ride last October and set a new personal best, twice, in a 3 round R turnament with 3 @ 41.  The ski is increadible.  The main difference between the mid and wide, is the mid carries more speed through the turn and allows you to change edges earlier coming into the buoy, without feeling like it wants to intiate the turn to early.  As the line gets shorter, I feel that this is important as I want the ski to carry out to the buoy and advance on the boat without wanting to turn.

I will continue to switch between both skis and see which one give me the most advantage to post the best score.  I believe anyone on a 9900 SL would get a big benefit from going to the mid ride.  Going from a wide to a mid, depends on skiing style and what you want a ski to do.

I would encorage you to try the mid ride, as it may be just the ski to take you to the next level.  It sure is nice to have the option.

I hope this helps.

Jeff Milford

Scot Chipman

#7 Thu, Mar 25, 2010 1:24 PM

horne38
Skis At: Lone Rock
Foot Forward: right

I am very interested to see what happens with this ski.  I love the concept.  I only wish the price tag was lower

#8 Sun, May 16, 2010 9:39 PM

NickA
Skis At: Boughton Lodge, South Lake, Princes & Lacanau

Well just finished an entertaining weekend's skiing with 2 new Goode's. Up until Friday I was skiing on a 9800SLR which was working ok on ZO but was feeling sluggish on PPSG (my typical score is about 3@12/55 and I've been on Goode's since the 9400).
I couldn't decide what to replace it with so got a 9900SLR Wide Ride and a Mid Ride to try. I tried the Wide Ride first and found it great fun. It took a couple of passes to get the feel of it but then found I could do almost anything in the turn and would still be skiing, but I was consistently skiing at 246. Felt like lots of potential but needed some work on settings (I used my 9800 boot setup with everything on factory).
I then tried the Mid Ride - totally amazing, it generates more angle than I'm used to but somehow lets me use it, it's faster, more stable .... I may have hit lucky with factory settings working for me, but I suspect this ski is something special. After three sets I am 3 to 4 buoys up on where I have been on the 9800 and haven't missed my first or second pass once! Considering retiring before it all goes horribly wrong!

Board footer