Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Mar 9, 2010 7:22 PM

brad
Foot Forward: Left

Do new skis last as long as the old ones

Hi im looking at buying a new ski. My last ski has lasted me 14 years with some serious course skiing at 28off do the new carbon skis last the distance as my finances dont allow me to replace my ski regularly. or is there another option with high performance skis . as ive heard some stories of skis not going the distance smile
Thanks Brad

Try skiing in New Zealand great place to ski and have a holiday at the same time

#2 Tue, Mar 9, 2010 8:00 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Do new skis last as long as the old ones

It depends on what you mean by "go the distance."

Let's say you plunk down the $1,300 on a D3 Z7, will it still perform like a tippy top of the line ski next year? No. Will it still be a fantastic ski yes. In the 3 or 4 year window, if you were to hop on a brand new Z7, you would probably feel much more spring and life in the new ski. In 10 years will it still be strong, in one piece and skiable? As long as you store it in a cool dark place, and don't leave it out in the sun too long, it most certainly should be.

As an aside, many of these manufactures are far more helpful than they need to be long after the warranty has expired. I'll offer this thread as evidence: http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1314 From what I've seen with other skiers, this experience seems to be more the rule than the exception.

Last edited by HO410 (Tue, Mar 9, 2010 8:01 PM)

Board footer