Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Mar 3, 2010 6:59 AM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Malibu Interior Problem

I have a 2006 LXI with 400hrs that spent its first 8 months at a private lake mostly covered when not in use. The rest of its life has been spent in my garage covered when not on the lake.
It has the black and gray dash combo interior that appears to have little burn spots that are growing. This is only happening to the black. I noticed one small spot on the piece that runs along the side windshield above the drivers arm rest in early 2009. Now these spots are showing up on all the black colored pieces on the dash (it seems to be spreading like cancer).
Has anyone else had this problem? If so did Malibu cover it? My local dealer said they could replace everything at retail cost (thanks alot)but no thanks a 4th season $42,000 boat with dash pieces that within a year will look like it has sat outside for 15 years in the sun!! I am currently waiting to here back from Malibu i sent them an e mail today. I will post photos soon.
Thanks MC

#2 Wed, Mar 3, 2010 9:35 PM

snow1122
Foot Forward: Left

Re: Malibu Interior Problem

We had some issues with our Malibu floor. My husband called our local dealer and they shipped the boat back to the Malibu plant in Northern California.
Malibu replaced the entire floor at no cost to us.
If the dealer is not helping you call the factory direct.
Malibu has been wonderful to deal with.
Good luck.

Snow

#3 Thu, Mar 4, 2010 6:25 PM

MChilcutt

Thanks Snow i have had really good customer service with Malibu in the past i just hope they can take care of this problem.

MC

#4 Thu, Mar 4, 2010 9:24 PM

snow1122
Foot Forward: Left

That's a start!
Let us know what the outcome is.

Snow

#5 Tue, Aug 17, 2010 12:54 AM

UWSkier

I think there's a 5 year warranty on the vinyl, which is what that dash piece should be wrapped in.  Your dealer should be able to get Malibu to take care of it.

#6 Tue, Aug 17, 2010 2:57 AM

MChilcutt

Malibu said it is out of warranty. After i did some digging i had a malibu factory manager agree to recover all the bad pieces no charge.  Here's the catch i have to remove all the dash pieces and send them to Merced CA. malibu factory then they will recover all with new vinyl and ship back to me. So in November i will be tearing my boat down and shipping dash pieces to Cali for fixin.
MC

Board footer