Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Feb 22, 2010 10:06 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Guess The Ice off Utah Lake Contest hurry!!!!

OK whoever is the closest to guessing the first day we can launch at Provo harbor (not into the river sorry Keith) and drive to course # 1 without having to drive the boat thru ice gets 2 sets behind my boat and a beverage of your choice no charge redeemable anytime in 2010. Deadline for entry is March 1st, 2010 at midnight MTN time.      "Small print at bottom of page"One guess per person Airfare and accomadations not included i will decide who wins if we have say a tie decision type of thingy happen!! after all this is my contest. So for once in my life i get to make the rules. That is funny you should be laughing after that last part. So enter now!!!!   What are you waiting for the ice is melting?
MC [img][/img]lol             "Current view of  the lake here"   http://www.livelakeview.com/lakes/utahlake/provo.html

If your under 18 yrs of age and win you must have a parent or gaurdian present on the day of skiing. Not sure how i handle liability on this???

Entries Name                                      Date                                   Time

Wade Williams                                     3/10                                   8AM
Plotz                                                    3/11                                   3:03pm
Mchilcutt                                              3/12                                 10:00am
Scot Chipman                                      3/13                                 10:30am
T8skier                                                3/14                                   3:13pm
Garn                                                    3/15
JT                                                         3/16                                   2:00pm
Steve Haines                                       3/17                                   1:37pm                               
philgood                                              3/18                                   1:37pm
ScaredofCorbets                                 3/19                                  10:30am
TJO                                                      3/20
snow1122                                           3/21
Galejan                                                4/1

Last edited by MChilcutt (Fri, Mar 12, 2010 4:56 PM)

#2 Mon, Feb 22, 2010 10:16 PM

MChilcutt

Re: Guess The Ice off Utah Lake Contest hurry!!!!

I am entering my own contest because i can, due to the fact that i make the rules!!!! remember???  I know i cant drive and ski at the same time so lets just say if i do guess it whoever is the next closest wins.
March 12th @ 10AM
MC:lol:

Last edited by MChilcutt (Mon, Mar 1, 2010 1:23 AM)

#3 Mon, Feb 22, 2010 11:08 PM

tjo

16 degrees outside when I woke up this morning...brrrrr!  I'm down for this competition.  How about if I guess the day exactly, you sell me your Response for $20K? smile smile

March 20th

Travis Ogden

#4 Mon, Feb 22, 2010 11:35 PM

ScaredofCorbets

I'll say March 19th, 10:30am.

#5 Mon, Feb 22, 2010 11:43 PM

snow1122
Foot Forward: Left

Ok, here we go...............March 21, 2010.
Crossing my fingers:o)ha, ha, ha.........

#6 Tue, Feb 23, 2010 12:39 AM

MChilcutt

Travis you are a funny man. 2006 LXI for 20K did you want the tandem axle trailer??? let me think uhhmmm NOT!!
Peace TJO
MC

#7 Tue, Feb 23, 2010 12:57 AM

tjo

Wow you guys have boxed me in with the 19th and 21st guesses! Oh well, doesn't matter since the 20th will be the day AND I'll get that response LXI I've always wanted tongue  ...if only for two sets

Last edited by tjo (Tue, Feb 23, 2010 12:57 AM)

Travis Ogden

#8 Tue, Feb 23, 2010 1:38 AM

ScotChipman

Saturday March 13th at noon. Go to http://www.livelakeview.com/lakes/utahlake/provo.html and watch the ice melt!

Scot Chipman

#9 Tue, Feb 23, 2010 3:16 PM

Garn

March 15th.  Looking forward to ordering you around while I ski Mark!

Garn

#10 Tue, Feb 23, 2010 6:59 PM

philgood
Skis At: 22' off @32 mph
Foot Forward: Left

March 18th at 1:37

You can't take life too seriously because you'll never get out of it alive."

#11 Tue, Feb 23, 2010 9:54 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Canyon Lake, Ca.
Foot Forward: right

Ok MC.... The boat launch is in that harbor where the web cam is? And, it looks as if the harbor is protected (mostly land locked) is there a large opening into this harbor? And lastly, is there a prevailing wind blowing into that harbor? Because looking at the weather forcast for that area and the projected wind, you could be looking as early as the 10th at 2:15pm! That is, if the harbor is un-protected and it remains windy. I'll wait to hear back for my final vote. Ha Ha

#12 Tue, Feb 23, 2010 11:41 PM

MChilcutt

Steve,
       Yes it is land locked with a very small opening that allows NNW rollers in. We have some SW, SSW, N NNW wind. When storms come in we can get really strong south winds followed by a north wind. Good luck.

MC

#13 Tue, Feb 23, 2010 11:52 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor

I was really hoping you guys could be skiing as early as the 10th but with that being land locked my final answer is the 17th at 1:37 pm. Hey-O!!! Sorry dude, I was really being optomistic for you but you really need some wind/wave activity going on to get that harbor broken up! I don't want you Utah dudes pulling any monkey business at night with an axe ok???!!!  ha ha

#14 Wed, Feb 24, 2010 12:08 AM

MChilcutt

I happen to have a crazy jet car!!!!
MC

#15 Wed, Feb 24, 2010 3:17 AM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"

gonna be optimistic wink March 11th, 3:03pm

i swear this site is turning into my home...

#16 Wed, Feb 24, 2010 8:42 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor

I took a look at 12:40 pacific time and someone took over and zoomed in on someone in a white pickup by the exit (throwing rocks) of the harbor. Aren't you supposed to be working MC! ha ha Looks like that big mass of ice outside the harbor has blown away and you're getting some erosion of the ice  inside the harbor. Won't be long, but it sure looks cold!!!

#17 Wed, Feb 24, 2010 9:27 PM

MChilcutt

Ya im working but i pay a neighbor (a 4 pack of red bull) who is out of work to go down and throw rocks at the ice he is really cool when it comes to helping his neighbors out of a "cold situation". I hope your laughing i know i am.lol

MC

#18 Wed, Feb 24, 2010 10:16 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor

Funny Stuff!!!

#19 Fri, Feb 26, 2010 5:31 PM

MChilcutt

Come on guys!!! No other takers for a free day on the water???
MC

#20 Fri, Feb 26, 2010 7:43 PM

Galejan
Skis At: Tunsättersjön
Foot Forward: left

The ice looks solid,so i say april 1 in the afternoon. We have our first tournament april 24 and as the situation looks today, i wondering if we has to use the chainsaw to get our lake free from ice.   :-)

#21 Fri, Feb 26, 2010 8:21 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor

MC,

I took a peek earlier today. There was a big iceberg floating by the inlet and it doesn't look like it has receded much just in side the harbor. You need to get your buddy out there throwing some more rocks!

#22 Sun, Feb 28, 2010 11:32 PM

MChilcutt

Wont be long now!! I have extended the entry time if you would like to guess. If we get some strong north or south wind we could be skiing.

MC

#23 Mon, Mar 1, 2010 12:39 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

8AM 3/10

#24 Mon, Mar 1, 2010 1:52 PM

t8skier
Skis At: Collierville Ski Club, Tn

March 14th    3:13pm

#25 Mon, Mar 1, 2010 4:06 PM

Garn

I'm starting to think that I might want to change my date.  Unless it warms up pretty quick I'm not to optimistic about my date!

Garn

Board footer