Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#26 Sun, Apr 18, 2010 7:25 AM

DanE

Re: Got Weather? Snow?

And now, people who lives in warmer places might think "45 f watertemp,what´s so good about that?"

#27 Sun, Apr 18, 2010 2:11 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

DanE wrote:

And now, people who lives in warmer places might think "45 f watertemp,what´s so good about that?"

It's all relative! (the Fun part!) There's a few Guys on another site that ski yr. round (as long as the ice does'nt stop them) and their water is atleast Low 40's most of the winter! They dont even slow down! Me and my ski partner wait for atleast 65 deg. F!big_smile Of course, I'm from so. Cal. and he's from Florida!cool

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#28 Mon, Apr 19, 2010 2:32 PM

vrod69
Skis At: carter lake,co
Foot Forward: Right

Ice is off our lake, water temp is 38 deg. F. Its cold, I was planing on jumping in this coming weekend but forcast is calling for rain and 60 deg air temp. Maybe next week

Just about to get on the water, WAHOOO!!
Bj

#29 Tue, Apr 20, 2010 3:16 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake

Skied utah lake lastnight in a shorty. Water was 60 with air around 78. Very very sick day of skiing with no wind all day.
MC

#30 Tue, Apr 20, 2010 5:47 PM

Andrew1988
Skis At: Where ever I can
Foot Forward: Left

Air has been in the upper 60's and low 70's pretty often lately. Not sure what the water is yet because I still have no been able to get out and ski!!! Its killing me!

Looking for places to ski in Metro Detroit!

#31 Tue, Apr 20, 2010 6:18 PM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario

Andrew1988 wrote:

Air has been in the upper 60's and low 70's pretty often lately. Not sure what the water is yet because I still have no been able to get out and ski!!! Its killing me!

you're not skiing in Detroit dude...   Go north towards Pontiac & the Fenton/Waterford area  1/2-3/4 hr, lots of lakes, ski boats and skiers. 

http://mwsa.org/2009/

check in with Skiers Pier Marina (Waterford) and Silver Spray sports (Fenton).  Malibu & Nautique dealers respectively they might be able to hook you up.

#32 Tue, Apr 20, 2010 9:14 PM

Andrew1988

I have talked to a ton of people. They all seem to be ending in dead ends. It also seems like the dead end comes right after they learn that Im a 22 year old in college. Oh well I will figure something out. I am moving to the Pontiac area in June and I am actually in Southfield right now so I am close to all of those lakes. Something will work out.

#33 Tue, Apr 20, 2010 10:21 PM

Killer
Skis At: Ontario

talking to a lot of people is great, keep that up and you're right it will work out.

maybe post up on some of the boat sites like:   www.tmcowners.com  www.themalibucrew.com  www.planetnautique.com

& its still April!!! haha  I'm often able to ride the sled on the lake this late into the spring....record ice out by 3 weeks

#34 Tue, Apr 20, 2010 10:47 PM

Andrew1988

I know I am not losing hope and I am still trying to stay in contact with the few guys that I have been with. I also just plan on taking my friends pontoon boat out and parking it in the slalom course on his lake. Ill be holding a cardboard sign that says boatless slalom skiing looking for a pull, will bring gas. With all of my gear on. smile

#35 Tue, Apr 27, 2010 12:23 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

We had a beautiful mid 80's day on Fri. and I actually got out for the 1st passes of the season! Who Waa! cool
Then Sat. we had 3 rounds of severe weather and 4-5 Tornado's roll through Mid. TN!yikes The Lake looks like Mud water now...mad

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#36 Fri, Apr 30, 2010 2:37 PM

ScotChipman

33" of snow in the last two days at the Snowbird and more on the way through Sunday! http://www.snowbird.com/ski_board/photo.php?photo=1571

Scot Chipman

#37 Fri, Apr 30, 2010 4:34 PM

snow1122

Yippee!
We're still skiing Mammoth. We received over one foot of snow this week:o)
We'll be skiing until 4th of July!
Enjoy it!

Snow

#38 Fri, Apr 30, 2010 5:59 PM

MChilcutt

Uintas today = me and my bro and our crazy Polaris snowmobiles. it will be an all you can eat buffet. I will post video.
MC

#39 Fri, Apr 30, 2010 6:13 PM

snow1122

Yes, do! Can't wait to see it.
What kind of Polaris do you guys have?
We've (3) 800RMK's.

Snow

#40 Sat, May 1, 2010 1:48 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

You Lucky Snow Dawgs! Man, ya got it all goin' on right now!cool

Today, just like last Sat. Severe weather T/watches and warnings and 4"-6" of rain expected for today and Sun! -the Lake should be trashed then for a few day's!madmadmad

#41 Sat, May 1, 2010 5:40 PM

MChilcutt

08 700 dragon w/ a 162. we found 3 ft of Utah powder yesterday it was like February powder (crazy). Over the hood all day!!! Total sickness. 
MC

#42 Sun, May 2, 2010 12:36 PM

Skiboy
Skis At: Pigeon Lake @ Ski Tek

70's here up in Bobcaygeon, been a wonderful spring, some rain today and this week, bably needed

Skiing Finatic Once Again

#43 Mon, May 3, 2010 12:01 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

MORE RECORDS FALL!

Nashville area is still carrying on with the same spirit from which this thread was started. Rain fall totals for Sat. & Sun. (alone) set the new highest rain fall for the entire Month of May ever recorded. The official #1 and #2 single day totals for Nashville proper are now set by Sun. #1 w/7"+ and Sat. #2 w/6.5"+ with some areas recieving over 16"... Some rivers have or will crest today @ 12 ft.+ above previous flood Records. The Cumberland river will crest today @ about 12 FT. above flood level...

50+ mi. of I-40 is shut down with countless east bound motorist's still stranded after 20+ hrs. The death toll is unconfirmed @ 9 . One Hospital reported flooding of the 1st two floors. Opryland Hotel evacuated some 5000 guests to local school gyms. Countless water rescues have been made with many residents still land locked and trapped in their own neighborhoods.

I have been watching a very interesting trend or weather phenomenon here and across the country (even the world) for the last 5 yrs. or so. Very uncharacteristic weather patterns for many of us. Mid TN. is now considered the "New Tornado alley" with more death and destruction  in the last few yrs. then the combined totals for some of the other traditional "Alley" states...

Our course will surely be unskiable for 1 wk.? 2 wks.??sad

Last edited by h20dawg79 (Tue, May 4, 2010 11:55 AM)

#44 Mon, May 3, 2010 2:10 PM

ScotChipman

Seven feet of snow in the last four days at Snowbird! http://www.snowbird.com/ski_board/photo.php?photo=1573

Scot Chipman

#45 Tue, May 4, 2010 11:54 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

Our above noted 2 day rain total is 28% of our ave. yearly and is equivalent to the combined ave. rain totals for all of May, June and July!

Sadly, the death toll is rising and is now confirmed @ 18.sad

Down town Nashville has much flooding now do to the over flowing Cumberland river. The Titans field had water covering it 4-6ft. deep and into the 2nd row of seating. As well as, the locker rms, meeting, equip, mechanical rm's, etc... the same can be said for the Predators Hockey area. One building reported 35 FT. of water in the Lower levels... Opryland Hotel is completely flooded as is the Opry Mills Mall and everything else in the surruoding area...

Our area of Old Hickory Lake, where the course is, looks like a War Zone.

#46 Mon, May 24, 2010 7:05 PM

ScotChipman

10"+ of snow today at Alta/Snowbird, will be water skiing Tuesday.   http://www.alta.com/Images/mtspcam.jpg?1421

Scot Chipman

#47 Mon, May 24, 2010 7:13 PM

Andrew1988

Thats crazy to think that it is 90 degrees in Michigan today and its still snowing in some places. I can't wait to ski tomorrow!!

#48 Mon, May 24, 2010 11:09 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

Man Scot, ya'll must be in High Cotton with great snow and water skiing for Memorial w/e! Seems like a Great yr. to be a Weather person!smile

Our area Lakes are still cluttered w/debris from the floods and the Army corps. of engineers are encouraging people to stay off the water for another 1 1/2 wks...  Some day I'll actually get back to the course for the 2nd time this yr.!!! -Sux to be me...sad

#49 Tue, May 25, 2010 3:09 AM

ScotChipman

People we skiing powder this morning (I was working) and I will be water skiing on Tuesday with temps near 70. Love Utah in the spring!

Scot Chipman

#50 Tue, May 25, 2010 3:29 AM

Andrew1988

I think I need to move to Utah lol.

Board footer