Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sun, Feb 14, 2010 8:27 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Got Weather? Snow?

http://www.proskicoach.com/forum/uploads/4584_sher_fireplace_009.jpg
Besides having one the strangest (wettest, Coolest, windiest...) ski season's last yr. it seems that most of us are still getting whacked... -This time it's by a rejuvenated "Old Man Winter." What the Heck, did the Old Man get his hands on some the same stuff as Barry Bonds & Mark Mcgwire or what???

I'm sure someone else has it alot worse. But, it's pretty Bad (for Nashville...) to still have the the 'ol shovel and broom standing next to the front door from the last two snow storms and there's another 2-3" on the way again tonight!sad

How Messed up is your Weather?

Last edited by h20dawg79 (Sun, Feb 14, 2010 8:53 PM)

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#2 Mon, Feb 15, 2010 11:20 PM

skidream
Skis At: Madison, Still Farm
Foot Forward: Left

Re: Got Weather? Snow?

That is some weird weather you guys are getting for sure!! I live in Colorado and well lets just say the weather SUCKS!!! But I like to snowboard, not so bad I guess, excited to ski though!!!

Warming up!!!

Ski Hard or Go Home!!

#3 Mon, Feb 15, 2010 11:46 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/16/Old_Man_4-26-03.jpg

Don't know much 'bout Ole Man Winter, but the Ole Man of the Mountain has been MIA since 2003...

#4 Tue, Feb 16, 2010 1:52 AM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"

Virginia has gotten record amount of snow fall this year! We've had least 4 storms in the Richmond area all producing at least of over 6''! its been nice, missing so much school! smile but ski time is suffering. We all need it to melt away and just have summer hurry up

i swear this site is turning into my home...

#5 Tue, Feb 16, 2010 4:35 AM

skibrain

More snow in MN than we've had in 12 yrs I'd say.  XC Skating last weekend with perfect conditions.  Lake levels should be up in the spring. Shoveling snow is great cross-training!

#6 Tue, Feb 16, 2010 4:00 PM

vrod69
Skis At: carter lake,co

North Denver, snow just melted but more on Thursday. Its been real cold this year and we have broke our record snow back in November. We haven't hit our snow month yet. The weather guy on channel 2 predicted a lot of snow for march and April. Yeah! Just cant wait for Summer sad

Just about to get on the water, WAHOOO!!
Bj

#7 Mon, Mar 1, 2010 1:26 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

We closed out Feb. with the Lowest ave.  Lows in 30+ yrs.! and the 7 day is still averaging 15 deg. below norm... many times our tree's begin to bud in Jan./Feb. So far, most trees still look like it is Dec... -Global What?

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#8 Mon, Mar 1, 2010 3:05 PM

skibuddy
Skis At:
Foot Forward: RFF

Lee, same thing right below you. Went over to our course this weekend thinking "just maybe"...Water was 42 degrees, turned around and came home..

#9 Sun, Mar 7, 2010 2:39 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

We are in the 60's today!coolcoolcool HAAAAAAAAY! Whatz up with that?!?! We've only had a hand full of days into the 50's since the end of Summer!yikes
Now if the 'ol economy will start to thaw out, life could start to get good again!smile

Hey Joe, have ya water tested yer equip. yet???

#10 Mon, Mar 8, 2010 12:38 AM

skibuddy
Skis At:
Foot Forward: RFF

Tried today..water temp was 44...did a liitle open water...gonna wait till next Sat...NO MATTER WHAT

#11 Thu, Apr 1, 2010 12:53 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

TODAY IS GOING TO HIT 81'ish!!! -YA HOOOOOO!coolcoolcool

This will be our 1st day into the 80's since Oct. 9th 2009!smile

#12 Fri, Apr 2, 2010 1:37 PM

ScotChipman

2.5' feet of snow in the Wasatch Mtns the last few days, winter is back!

Scot Chipman

#13 Fri, Apr 2, 2010 2:37 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake

Ya was lucky to ski Alta yesterday and down at Lake Mead this morning. I to love this state we live in.

MC

#14 Tue, Apr 6, 2010 3:17 PM

MChilcutt

Little Cottonwood Canyon is shut down. 3 feet of new at alta and it sounds like they will not open the resort today. Thinking tomorrow will be a good day for some snowmobiling!!!!
MC

#15 Tue, Apr 6, 2010 3:57 PM

ScotChipman

I have the day off and can't ski because of too much snow! I have to work tomorow, I need your life Mark.

http://www.alta.com/pages/report.php

Last edited by ScotChipman (Tue, Apr 6, 2010 4:28 PM)

Scot Chipman

#16 Tue, Apr 6, 2010 4:20 PM

MChilcutt

Scot,    look at the bright side more snow means more water means more days of skiing our good course this summer.
MC

#17 Tue, Apr 6, 2010 4:21 PM

Skiboy
Skis At: Pigeon Lake @ Ski Tek

Easter Weekend was Fab here, set record temps. Lake is now fully open. Docks are back in, time to ski. Firing the boat up this weekend , get some open water pulls in. Love Spring time.

Skiing Finatic Once Again

#18 Tue, Apr 6, 2010 4:33 PM

ScotChipman

True, the snow now help us water ski longer. Cottonwoods have had 2-3"+ water in the last 24 hrs,  Provo canyon and Uintas only around 1" water which is still good but nothing like the cottonwoods.

Last edited by ScotChipman (Wed, Apr 7, 2010 8:44 PM)

Scot Chipman

#19 Tue, Apr 6, 2010 4:43 PM

Andrew1988
Skis At: Where ever I can
Foot Forward: Left

It has been mid 70s here in Metro Detroit, MI for about the past week and I still haven't skied. Can't find a boat hmm

Looking for places to ski in Metro Detroit!

#20 Tue, Apr 6, 2010 11:26 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

Now we're having unseasonably and record high HOT temps here in Nashville! +20 deg's. 87ish yesterday/today! And it was spittin' Snow in Cali. yesterday... The end must be near!yikes

#21 Wed, Apr 7, 2010 12:41 AM

tjo

38 inches at Snowbird in the last 24 hrs.  Over 7 feet since April 1st!  Hopefully that heat h20dawg is experiencing does NOT turn on too quickly here, otherwise we'll have some major flooding...

Travis Ogden

#22 Wed, Apr 7, 2010 9:14 PM

Galejan
Skis At: Tunsättersjön

Still around 30 cm of ice on the lake and our first tournament are planned to the 24 this month.  smile

#23 Fri, Apr 16, 2010 6:52 PM

Galejan

Yes, finally the ice gone, only one week left, not much time to get in shape.

#24 Fri, Apr 16, 2010 11:24 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

Galejan wrote:

Yes, finally the ice gone, only one week left, not much time to get in shape.

WOW! that was fast! whats your daily high temps running right now? (In degs. F ?)

#25 Sat, Apr 17, 2010 3:59 PM

Galejan

Sorry, i must have used the wrong "unit", it must have been 3cm(30mm), otherwise it couldnt be possibel. Maybe if we lived in Iceland smile
We have around 50 deg F in the air durin the days and 30deg F at night.
Today the boat went in the water and i made my first set, very unstable.....but the good thing is that the water temp already is 45 deg F (7,3 deg C).

Board footer