Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Feb 12, 2010 7:32 PM

oklivestock

History of Slalom Skiing

Hey folks- I have to do a short presentation on the history of slalom waterskiing.  Wade has kindly sent me a few pieces of info already- thank you Wade!  But I would love to find any information anyone has to contribute to the historical development of the course, ski design, etc.  I don't live in Florida so I can't stop by the museum.  If anybody out there has any info send me an email to: [email protected]  A photo , url link, video clip, whatever you have that I could use to educate people on the history of our great sport.  Thanks!

#2 Fri, Feb 12, 2010 8:01 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"
Foot Forward: Right

Re: History of Slalom Skiing

aww! i did a project on this for gym two summers ago!! I'll look around on my home computer and c if i can find it. it might help u a bit!! lets hope i do!! (hopefully i didn't trash it)

Last edited by Pl0tz (Fri, Feb 12, 2010 8:03 PM)

i swear this site is turning into my home...

#3 Fri, Feb 12, 2010 8:12 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"

but look around on usawaterski.com  it should have ifo and probably some links to other sources you can check out!

i swear this site is turning into my home...

#4 Fri, Feb 12, 2010 9:53 PM

skibrain

Waterski Magazine had a history of course skiing within the past 3 years. Maybe in an anniversary issue?
two skis, slalom, establishing dimensions of the course, progression of equipment, personalities.

You may be able to get some assistance with contacting someone there:

http://waterskimag.com/contact/

#5 Fri, Feb 12, 2010 9:57 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

I was thining the same thing. Would have been 2005 I think. 75th anniversary of waterskiing. If you have the time to order a back issue i'm sure there are great pics etc.

#6 Sat, Feb 13, 2010 4:13 AM

skibrain

Fall 2003 is the 25th anniversary of WS Magazine. 46 pages: personalities, records, jumping, freestyle, tricks barefoot, show skiing. Top personalities (icons of the sport)

May 2006 Volume 28 Issue 4 is probably the one you want:
The Evolution of Slalom  - 8 page history of competitive slalom.

I throw out car, motorcycle, and running magazines, but keep back issues of waterskiing...THAT must be worth some karma.

Last edited by skibrain (Sat, Feb 13, 2010 4:15 AM)

#7 Sat, Feb 13, 2010 12:24 PM

Griff
Skis At: Richmond Water Ski Club

Look at this.

http://www.waterskihalloffame.com/look_back.htm

and

http://www.waterskihalloffame.com/HOF_Inductees.htm

Last edited by Griff (Sat, Feb 13, 2010 12:30 PM)

Board footer