Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Feb 12, 2010 4:41 PM

Garn
Skis At: Utah Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Ristorcelli On F2F

I just got done watching the replay of Marcus Brown's Face To Face with Todd Ristorcelli.  I don't mean to be to negative, but what the hell was Todd on?  The guy couldn't even carry on a conversation.  That could have been the most interesting guest to date.   The things he could have talked about.  The stories he could have told.  But instead,  he couldn't even finish a thought.  At first I thought he was pretty funny.  But after a while it just got ridiculous.   I was pretty disappointed.

Garn

#2 Fri, Feb 12, 2010 4:46 PM

rq0013
Skis At: 2@-35, 36 mph pb
Foot Forward: LFF

Re: Ristorcelli On F2F

Yeah I thought the same thing. I thought he might talk more about the magazine and what he does and how he slips skiing in. I just skipped it all and went to the end.

#3 Fri, Feb 12, 2010 4:49 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

lol ya the entertainment value was very high but the skiing content was not. I think it was still most entertaining webcast... even if it was more of a clown show.

I suppose it's easier to find it funny if you knew Todd. He is a good guy, may have been trying a little bit too hard to keep it on the light side.

I'm not sure how many of you have sat infront of a web camera before, but it's pretty weird. Everyone is used to talking on the phone... maybe not when you get your first phone call at age 5, but now we're used to it. Webchat is different. You don't really know how to act. Marcus does an incredible job. You have a live video feed of yourself right infront of you and it's just a little awkward. I don't fault him for it. I still enjoyed the webcast.

We're still trying to build a product that is something anyone would want to watch, not necessarily just water skiers. We're trying to put something together that is entertaining and will encourage an influx of skiers. Sorry if we missed the mark a little bit this past week.

Next week Marcus is going to be doing the webcast from Gordon Rathburn's in Mexico. He'll be live with his girlfriend & traininer Jenny Labaw. Should be great.

Thanks for your feedback! It can only get better.

#4 Fri, Feb 12, 2010 6:28 PM

Griff
Skis At: Richmond Water Ski Club

I have to agree with Wade.  I had the good fortune to be able to spend some time with Todd a few years ago at the second WaterSki Fantasy Camp.  He is a fun guy to hang with. He pretty much kept everyone entertained and was a great host for the week.  It really is hard to pin him down to something serious but it's a blast to hang out with him. Wish I could ski as good as him.

My 2 cents,
Griff

#5 Fri, Feb 12, 2010 6:57 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"

I do recall Marcus saying he wanted this show to focus more on the lifestyle of the guest skiers. And this web-cast was a PERFECT example of the direction Marcus wants his show to go in. to reach out to everyone, not just us skiers. I think Marcus wants to bring people to this show and help branch out our sport to more then just us die hard skiers. :] Personally, i loved the show last week. Both the entertainment. AND how at the end Marcus did talk about technique. to me it was a good balance btw informative and entertainment. And i doubt any of the other shows are gonna be as crazy as lasts... (sigh...)  So for y'all who really didn't like it... I'm sure future shows will be more enjoyable for y'all and everyone else.  But you must remember MB's Fireside chat is about skiers lives and how skiing is apart of them. NOT pure technique and theory :]
Awesome Show MB!!
-plotz

i swear this site is turning into my home...

#6 Fri, Feb 12, 2010 11:25 PM

danbirch
Slasher
Skis At: Canyon Lake, CA
Foot Forward: Left

I agree with Garn.  I thought he was on something.  Marcus apologized multiple times (towards the end)  for the interview. 

Marcus = 10 on the interview, Todd = 0

Last edited by danbirch (Fri, Feb 12, 2010 11:29 PM)

#7 Sat, Feb 13, 2010 12:28 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

danbirch wrote:

Marcus = 10 on the interview, Todd = 0

LOL that's great. C'mon, he's worth at least a 4. We'll get him on again sometime and I promise you'll be impressed.

#8 Sat, Feb 13, 2010 1:19 AM

danbirch
Slasher
Skis At: Canyon Lake, CA
Foot Forward: Left

Ok, I'll give him a 2.  1 because he showed up, 1 because of his INDO BOARD!

Board footer