Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#26 Thu, Jun 10, 2010 2:21 AM

danbirch
Slasher
Skis At: Canyon Lake, CA
Foot Forward: Left

Re: Flip Video Camera

t8skier wrote:

Video Trakker great. Sanyo Xacti VPC-CG10  not so good.  If you get  slack in a run, it will get out of focus and never return unless you turn it off.  It might just be my camera.

My Sanyo Xacti has never done that.  I do use it handheld, though.  With the Xacti, you can actually see the skier's face, something you can forget about with the Flip...

#27 Thu, Jun 10, 2010 4:14 AM

BrianM
Skis At: the cottage
Foot Forward: Right

Just got the CG20 a few weeks ago and have played with it with the trakker on one outing.  Pretty impressed so far but I'm going to try the manual focus the next time out.  Once I know where to put the focus indicator, I should get great video all the time, every run.  That's my guess but won't be able to test out that theory until next weekend.

#28 Fri, Jun 11, 2010 1:54 AM

Chef23
Foot Forward: Left

BrianM wrote:

Just got the CG20 a few weeks ago and have played with it with the trakker on one outing.  Pretty impressed so far but I'm going to try the manual focus the next time out.  Once I know where to put the focus indicator, I should get great video all the time, every run.  That's my guess but won't be able to test out that theory until next weekend.

You should use manual focus.

#29 Fri, Jun 11, 2010 2:56 PM

h2oski1326

Check out the Kodak ZX3.  Water-resistant to 10 ft, HD picture, SDHC storage, image stabilization, and similar form factor to the flip, $140.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_738ZX3L/Ko … ml?tp=6662

#30 Thu, Jun 24, 2010 3:52 AM

greg
Skis At: Arvin, CA
Foot Forward: left

No image stabilization, but I have had no issues on private water, even under windy conditions.  This one is a no-brainer, go for the Flip + Trakker.  If you need more zoom, you'll need a cameraman and a better camera that costs 2x the price.   

Chef23 wrote:

Does the Flip have image stablization?  I am also going to use it for recording my kids other sports like hockey and figure skating so I also need some zoom capability.

Wade I look forward to seeing some video from your Flip.

Board footer