Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/111479/domains/proskicoach.com/html/forum/include/common.php on line 58

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/111479/domains/proskicoach.com/html/forum/include/common.php:58) in /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/111479/domains/proskicoach.com/html/forum/header.php on line 31

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/111479/domains/proskicoach.com/html/forum/include/common.php:58) in /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/111479/domains/proskicoach.com/html/forum/header.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/111479/domains/proskicoach.com/html/forum/include/common.php:58) in /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/111479/domains/proskicoach.com/html/forum/header.php on line 33

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/111479/domains/proskicoach.com/html/forum/include/common.php:58) in /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/111479/domains/proskicoach.com/html/forum/header.php on line 34
Flip Video Camera / Pro Ski Coach Water Ski Forum
Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#26 Wed, Jun 9, 2010 7:21 PM

danbirch
Slasher
Skis At: Canyon Lake, CA
Foot Forward: Left

Re: Flip Video Camera

t8skier wrote:

Video Trakker great. Sanyo Xacti VPC-CG10  not so good.  If you get  slack in a run, it will get out of focus and never return unless you turn it off.  It might just be my camera.

My Sanyo Xacti has never done that.  I do use it handheld, though.  With the Xacti, you can actually see the skier's face, something you can forget about with the Flip...

#27 Wed, Jun 9, 2010 9:14 PM

BrianM
Skis At: the cottage
Foot Forward: Right
Website

Just got the CG20 a few weeks ago and have played with it with the trakker on one outing.  Pretty impressed so far but I'm going to try the manual focus the next time out.  Once I know where to put the focus indicator, I should get great video all the time, every run.  That's my guess but won't be able to test out that theory until next weekend.

#28 Thu, Jun 10, 2010 6:54 PM

Chef23
Foot Forward: Left

BrianM wrote:

Just got the CG20 a few weeks ago and have played with it with the trakker on one outing.  Pretty impressed so far but I'm going to try the manual focus the next time out.  Once I know where to put the focus indicator, I should get great video all the time, every run.  That's my guess but won't be able to test out that theory until next weekend.

You should use manual focus.

#29 Fri, Jun 11, 2010 7:56 AM

h2oski1326

Check out the Kodak ZX3.  Water-resistant to 10 ft, HD picture, SDHC storage, image stabilization, and similar form factor to the flip, $140.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_738ZX3L/Ko … ml?tp=6662

#30 Wed, Jun 23, 2010 8:52 PM

greg
Skis At: Arvin, CA
Foot Forward: left
Website

No image stabilization, but I have had no issues on private water, even under windy conditions.  This one is a no-brainer, go for the Flip + Trakker.  If you need more zoom, you'll need a cameraman and a better camera that costs 2x the price.   

Chef23 wrote:

Does the Flip have image stablization?  I am also going to use it for recording my kids other sports like hockey and figure skating so I also need some zoom capability.

Wade I look forward to seeing some video from your Flip.

Board footer