Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Feb 5, 2010 3:34 PM

vrod69
Skis At: carter lake,co
Foot Forward: Right

Setting Up Fin on Used Ski

I know It probably been talked about here but I didn't find anything on it. When I buy a new ski, because it will be a used one. Should I set it up with the recommended settings/ or factory settings for that ski or should I set it up similar to my old ski?

Just about to get on the water, WAHOOO!!
Bj

#2 Fri, Feb 5, 2010 3:43 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

Re: Setting Up Fin on Used Ski

That's a good question. "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people"

Factory recommended is always a good place to start.

If you've got some settings that you like to ride, that you know you like, it might be good to set up the ski in the same place as what you're used to.

Bottom line is, dialing in a new ski you need to try a lot of things and find what works best for you.

In this case you're probably better off starting from the stock recommended settings... getting a hold of the settings for an older model though may prove challenging.

#3 Fri, Feb 5, 2010 4:03 PM

vrod69
Skis At: carter lake,co

Re: Setting Up Fin on Used Ski

Ok Thanks Wade, The other problem that I have it that the Turbo Ski I have now is a 69" and from the charts that I have seen I should be riding a 66" ski so the settings would be totally different right!

Just about to get on the water, WAHOOO!!
Bj

Board footer