Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Thu, Feb 4, 2010 5:11 PM

aslalomboy
Skis At: buchli lake
Foot Forward: left

Do 6 Passes make a Set in the Ski Log?

I just started logging my sets and want to make sure I'm doing it right.  Do 6 passes make up a set?  Where the log asks for number of passes I've entered my total passes all together for that day, which is usually 12-14, but I'm thinking I need to do it different and log 2 separate sets of 6-7 passes? hmm

Thanks, Aaron

#2 Thu, Feb 4, 2010 5:42 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Do 6 Passes make a Set in the Ski Log?

Aaron, thanks for using the ski log!

The log is yours to use the way you want.

One "set" would be, one ride behind the boat. Put your ski on, rock out, come back in the boat, that was one set. Regardless of number of passes.

The way I use the "passes" space is I like to keep track of what passes I skied. So if I skied 6 passes @32 off I usually write 32x6. If i went up the rope, it would be 32,35,38,4.5@39, or whatever. The info is really just there for you to use as you see fit but this is how I do it.

I would encourage you to keep track of separate sets. That's what the time is there for. So you can see if you skied in the morning, afternoon, whatever.

By keeping track of each set this way, in the future you'll be able to go back and see your performance during each set in different conditions, boat drivers, times of day, etc.

Let me know if you have more questions, happy to help out.

#3 Fri, Feb 5, 2010 1:41 AM

aslalomboy
Skis At: buchli lake
Foot Forward: left

Thanks Wade!  I'm diggin this ski log - it will be interesting and informative to look back on.

#4 Fri, Feb 5, 2010 3:12 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough

Please let me know anything you see that could stand some improvement!

#5 Sat, Feb 6, 2010 12:56 AM

Digger
Skis At: Steilacoom Lake

Ya, my 32 offs!lol

Ski hard or save the gas

Board footer