Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Feb 2, 2010 3:19 AM

jerrysnow
Skis At: Lac rouge
Foot Forward: Left

It is all frozen here...questions on alpine ski equipement i can help

Feel free to ask i will check the board 3 times a week.

Share your passion with others and it will keep yours alive!

#2 Tue, Feb 2, 2010 4:35 AM

skibrain

Re: It is all frozen here...questions on alpine ski equipement i can help

OK. This seems completely off topic for a slalom forum but here goes. Is there an alpine equivalent to Ski-it-again.com for selling a pair of lightly used Technica Diablo Jr. boots that my son grew out of after a year.

(missed the two local swap meets here in the fall)

#3 Tue, Feb 2, 2010 10:23 PM

jerrysnow

craiglist and ebay. Just be sure to price it right usually half what you paid will sell easy. Better to price it right and sell it fast than see it collect dust in the basement. Feel free to ask me question i have tested all the 2010 skis already. I am more in the rac ski dept but tried some freeride stuff too.

#4 Tue, Feb 2, 2010 10:49 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Have you ever tried a 3 piece boot like Dalbello Kryptons, anything from Full Tilt, or Raichle Flexons when they were still being made?

As long as your answering, what's new and exiting this year?

Last edited by HO410 (Tue, Feb 2, 2010 10:50 PM)

#5 Wed, Feb 3, 2010 3:38 AM

jerrysnow

ok ho410

Boots are a very difficult topic in alpine ski also. I did own a raichlei flex comp boot and it skied weel for all around boot. It is a good boot if you ski moguls because it has a very progressive feel. The thing is that because you cannot close the boot has much than in a overlap so foot shape will determine if it is a good boot for you. the full tilt and krypton are very good boot if you fit in them. Get a good boot fitter....go try them late in the afternoon when you feet has expended from walking during the day. Check shell without liner first (1 finger to 11\2 when your toes touch lightly the front, you should just feel the sides no pressure points. It is a long process take you time....boots are far more important than skis if you want my opinion.

As far as ski goes here is my top list for test for 2010:

Race skis ( race stock) not the regular ski

Slalom:

Rossignol 9s slant nose hand down the best so easy is almost not fair
Fisher rc4 sl WC close second

GS

Head iGS WC RD no contest don"t even waste time finding better, it is so stable my son race super-G with his GS ski at over 65mph

All around ski:

Rossi CX70 for short turn
Dynastar contact grove ti
Nordica doberman spitfire pro

more med turn

Head magnum supershape
Rossi B2 the blue white one
Fischer progressor 9+

good twin tip

it all depend how wide you want them

Salomon are really good in that segment
Scott skis also very nice skis

If you have a special model in mind i will give you a more detail review.

#6 Wed, Feb 3, 2010 4:38 AM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

Nah, thats alright. I don't snow ski nearly as much as I wold like, but I get at least one good trip in a year.  Definitely planning getting my own boots. I was getting curious about how the flexons ski and bumped into a 2008 pair of Dalbello Kr Rampages for $250. Got pretty close to buying sight unskied and just sort it out later. Unlike when I bought my RS-1's I didn't have people lining up to try them after me so I skipped.

Since  I usually rent a demo package, I'll just have to ask what's available. I think I was in a Solomon Impact 7 last year. When it comes to skis, I just ask that same questions. "What's new and exiting?" The speed with which the person gets the skis decides what I'm going to use that day. At the shop I've been going to, they haven't failed me yet.

Board footer