Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Jan 27, 2010 3:05 AM

chaloux
Skis At: Gull Lake, Ontario
Foot Forward: left

Turks and Caicos

Hey everyone.  I haven't posted here much, but I do a lot of lurking.

Anyway, I'll be going to Turks and Caicos from Feb 17th-24th and was wondering if you guys know of anyone who can take me for a ski or two (or more!).

The only one I've found so far is http://www.nautiquesports.com

The only problem is they charge $300 for an hour.  It would be just me, and I can only ski so much in one hour.  If I have to drop $300, it's definitely not worth bringing my ski with me.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Wed, Jan 27, 2010 3:55 AM

chaloux

Re: Turks and Caicos

Well, I've emailed them to see just how it works.  I haven't been in the water since September/October.  I'd need a few days in between skis, and could probably only ski for something like 30 minutes a day.

#3 Thu, Jan 28, 2010 9:35 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Let us know what you can learn, so the next person searching for this can find your answer!

#4 Sun, Feb 14, 2010 3:24 AM

chaloux

Alright, so I finally heard back from them.

They will not split up time, but they are starting a program where skiers (who don't know each other) can come together and split the cost ($300).  This will run every Wednesday and Sunday.

I guess that the way it will work is the more skiers that sign up, the cheaper it will be.

#5 Sun, Feb 14, 2010 4:39 AM

danbirch
Slasher
Skis At: Canyon Lake, CA
Foot Forward: Left

Re-route your vacation to California, I'll hook you up for $15/set...big_smile

#6 Sun, Feb 14, 2010 2:31 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.

http://www.nautiquesports.com/

Where is this place? Oddly enough I didn't see anything on the web site!? (Turtle cove?)

Wade, what kind of vid. cam. set up is Billy Susi using? cool -that would be some cool stuff for PSC! (almost as Cool as an overhead view of a  full pass!!!)big_smile

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#7 Sun, Feb 14, 2010 2:34 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Ya the vid cam is cool. There's a Malibu ad with Nick Parsons that uses the same device (it's photoshopped out so u cant c it) It adds about 30 pounds, not sure how well it would do for training. But definitely cool!

#8 Sun, Feb 14, 2010 3:30 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

Ya, I wouldn't want to try to Train with that contraption lurking over my shoulder!yikes  -However, I wouldn't mind watching you go throught the course at some different speeds and line lengths! (might be another great training perspective...)coolcoolcool

p.s. where is this Turtle Cove place???? ( I wouldn't know if it's on the FL. coastline, the Keys or somewhere in the Carribean...)

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#9 Thu, Feb 25, 2010 4:15 AM

kcslaloms

The wife and I will be in Turks & Caicos next week.  I emailed Natique Sports a few days ago for info, but have yet to hear back.  Did you end up skiing there?  If so, what was your expierence like?  Thanks!

#10 Fri, Feb 26, 2010 12:44 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

kcslaloms wrote:

The wife and I will be in Turks & Caicos next week.

Where exactly will you be when your @ Turk & Caicos? Noone has replied to my last TWO requests for the actual location of this place!!!?????roll

#11 Sat, Feb 27, 2010 4:16 AM

kcslaloms

Turks & Caicos is a chain of islands in the Caribbean!  "Water Ski" did a nice story on skiing there in the July '09 issue!

#12 Sat, Feb 27, 2010 3:14 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage

kcslaloms wrote:

Turks & Caicos is a chain of islands in the Caribbean!  "Water Ski" did a nice story on skiing there in the July '09 issue!

Thanks! smile +1

I've only been to the Caribbean on Cruise ships. Maybe some day the 'ol economy will get a tad better and we'll get back down that way and check it out!

#13 Mon, Aug 9, 2010 4:34 AM

Wendeskis
Skis At: Muskoka &McClintocks,Puslinch

This is a very late posting but for anyone interested in skiing in Turks and Caicos - it is beautiful. The pics in Waterski Mag last July 2009 ( i think) are very true....I didn't get to ski with the dolphin or even see the crazy thing..but it was truly a great experience. Doug the owner was great. So was his staff.  Pricey for an hour but I hear they have started a share program.   There is no course but lots of areas for free skiing - you can't believe what you are skiing beside - white sand beaches and the bluest/teal coloured water I've ever seen. The island is very small. Turtle Cove is just one area they boat out of - most of the skiing is done between the north islands so very calm mostly every day. I have a ton of pics if anyone is interested.

#14 Mon, Aug 9, 2010 6:03 PM

Shark

Club med Cancun and ski for free. It's included as is all food, drinks entertainment etc. Great kid's club and for the teenagers as well.

Course is a bit "out" good for 15-32 off. You can try 35 off but be prepared for surprises!! George Athans (former World Champ) skis down there.
Warm salt water - tough on gear.

GPS informs the driver of speed - manual throttle. Decent 98 MC and Moomba boats. Bring your own handle, jacket, rope etc.

Board footer