Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sun, Jan 24, 2010 2:51 AM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole
Foot Forward: right

2009 malibu FXI

Has anyone skied behind one of these and if you have, how was it? And what is the other boat(s) you are comparing it too.

Thanks

Todd

#2 Sun, Jan 24, 2010 3:32 AM

Jhughes
Skis At: Lake County, IL
Foot Forward: Right

Re: 2009 malibu FXI

I did not ski behind this boat but my wife did. She is as wake-sensitive as it gets and she loved the wake behind this boat. Malibu did a great job with this boat- seriously. It's absolutely ENORMOUS but it really skis well. Great boat all around. We typically ski our zero-wake 00 SN, our club's current year LXI, or our friend's 06 RLXi and 04 RCB.

#3 Sun, Jan 24, 2010 2:41 PM

tjo
Foot Forward: Right

It looks like the tower might get in the way at short line lengths...anyone know if that's the case?

Travis Ogden

#4 Sun, Jan 24, 2010 3:35 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Canyon Lake, Ca.

If the tower is monted in the same place as it is on the RLXI, then yes it does get in the way. We have a Big Dog skier here at our lake. When he gets to 39 and 41 the tower interferes with the rope. He ended up taking the tower off and storing it.

#5 Thu, Jan 28, 2010 12:16 AM

Wakes

Malibu did a video promo for the boat and the rope was definitely hitting the tower. I am pretty sure the guy was not at 39 off so it could be a problem for mortals as well smile

#6 Thu, Jan 28, 2010 12:47 AM

ToddF
Skis At: mudhole

I was looking at the picture again carefully in waterski mag.  And it looks pretty far down, not only that,  it looks like where the tower breaks is high enough that the rope would still hit it.

And Wakes I think you are right it looks like it would probably hit in the 32-35 range.

It does seem odd that malibu would do that, especially if it capable of shortlines.

Board footer