Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#51 Wed, Feb 3, 2010 5:53 AM

vrod69
Skis At: carter lake,co
Foot Forward: Right

Re: You know you're a skier when...

I agree with the no wind when the sail boat come out. If I add all the times up that i have been stuck in the middle of the lake, well I cant manage to count that high with out a big calculator...LOL....
I would also have to Note on the Kis thing cause I have a 2 year old son and I cant have my ski or wakeboard out without him wnting to play too. He's a Water Bug. Also hope everything is going well with your boy tjo

Just about to get on the water, WAHOOO!!
Bj

#52 Thu, Oct 28, 2010 5:21 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"
Foot Forward: Right

... when your bored in physics class so you calculate how much velocity you've built up when traveling down a course.. smile

use the boat speed as your Initial velocity. start the begin timing as soon as the skier enters the gate, record every time that the skier passes back through the wake. Take note that the course length is 259m long. use the distance between each gate as distance traveled.

for formula's use:

d = Vi + 1/2at(squared)

and solve for "a" THEN use:

Vf(squared) = Vi (squared) + 2ad 

to calulate the final velocity produced after one bouy. take that number, make use it for buoy #2's Vi and solve for buoy #2's Vf and plug it into the formula. continue this until you have gone through all 6 buoys and have gone through the finish gate. The Final Velocity there is how much velocity you created through out the course!

Honestly, if your bored enough.. i think it's pretty cool to use and see how consistant of a rythm you had throughout the course! lol cool

ONLY problem.. is idk how to incorpurate the water's resistance to the formula... havn't gotten that far in physics yet...

Last edited by Pl0tz (Thu, Oct 28, 2010 6:39 PM)

i swear this site is turning into my home...

#53 Thu, Oct 28, 2010 6:08 PM

snow1122
Foot Forward: Left

...when your gym bag contains a slalom handle.

Shoot! I thought I was the only one!
Ha, Ha ,ha........

Snow

Board footer