Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sun, Jan 17, 2010 10:00 PM

addict

Connelly Prophecy fin set up

Hi All

I have been slalom skiing for about 15 years now but have only just got serious about the course and shortening my line.

I have a 2009 Connelly Prophecy.  I weight about 154 pounds and ski on a 66 inch ski. I am currently skiing about 15 off.

Just wondering what are some good boot and fin settings to start with.

Cheers,
Addict.

#2 Sun, Jan 17, 2010 10:26 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: Connelly Prophecy fin set up

2010 Connelly Prophecy Fin and Boot Settings

Nice choice. That's what i'm riding this year!

#3 Tue, Feb 2, 2010 12:55 AM

gjohnson

Hey Wade,
Why the switch to the Prophecy?  If memory serves, you’ve been on a F1 for a while.  Does the 2010 Prophecy have any changes since the ski was first intro’d?  I’ve got an early copy with the cloth like top. 

Greg Johnson

#4 Tue, Feb 2, 2010 1:01 AM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

DUUUde You've got to get rid of the cloth top. It slows the ski way down... they sort of released that ski without extensive testing, only had it in production for a month or so, IMO they never should have let them out of the factory in the first place. The newer prophecy has a little different lay up and than the 2009 model; and the cloth-top is nothing like the regular 2009. I rode the 2009 F1 and the 2010 prophecy felt reallllly good underneath me. I'm excited about it!

#5 Tue, Feb 2, 2010 1:32 AM

gjohnson

Thanks for responding.  Your opinion doesn’t surprise me.  I had a love hate relationship with the cloth top.  One amazing set would be followed by 10 bad ones.  Last summer I started riding an Elite.  However, part of me misses the Prophecy.  I might have the give the 2010 a try.  Super curious about it now.

Board footer