Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Sat, Jan 16, 2010 8:23 PM

Tanger

New bindings

Hello

I'm having bad luck with bindings! I've been using my older Connelly stokers on a Goode 9500. I decided to demo the Powershells for some more ski control. They were uncomfortable to me, the liners seemed too small, I didn't like the buckles, so I returned them. I did get a little better ski control. I then bought the Connelly Enzo'. Great fit, good ski control. The hinge system seemed a little tight but Connelly said it's normal. August last year I didn't come out and breke a bone in my ankle. The hinge system just seems hard to come out of and I'm skeptical to use them again. Has anyone used/heard of a plate/release sysem I could mount the Enzo's to so it would release both boots together like a hardshell system? I didn't like the Goode system,Fogman boots look very similar and the buckle system on the FM looks too involved. I don't know of any other hardshell systems. I look foward to any suggestions anyone can provide!

Thank you,

Chet

#2 Sat, Jan 16, 2010 8:48 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Re: New bindings

I haven't seen any enzos mounted on an aftermarket plate but it sounds like a half way decent idea. If you didn't like the good release system, though, I don't think you have a lot of options. The interloc velcro system is fairly reliable if maintained properly... although since the enzos are supposed to be releasable in the first place, I don't necessarily think that you'd be giving yourself a significantly safer setup by mounting them to another releasable system. You still run the chance of coming half-out, with the added "fun" of dealing with a more complicated system that could also pre-release.

I wouldn't consider using the fogman system with the enzos. Goode would probably be the best way to go, but you'll have to do some work to make them fit together well.

I don't have much experience with the fluid motion systems but I think that may be another option for what you're looking to do. I sent an email to Paul Jager inviting him to make some comments on this thread so we'll all be able to learn more about his system in this sort of application.

Good luck and let us know where you get with it.

#3 Sat, Jan 16, 2010 10:25 PM

BudMan
Skis At: Bud Lake
Foot Forward: Left

I think HO has a system that should be available in February.

Also, I think that almost any bindings can be mounted to a universal plate and the plate can be interlocked to the ski.
As far as safety goes; I do not know.

Life is great! Enjoy every minute!

#4 Sat, Jan 16, 2010 10:49 PM

SteveDoc
Skis At: Sacramento Delta
Foot Forward: right

If you like the Enzo bindings Goode makes a universal power plate that will fit the enzo bindings. Goode does say that with this system you should use enough interloc so the plate won't release from the ski in a fall. I would think less interloc could be used to adjust the release you should ask goode about this.
Steve

#5 Sun, Jan 17, 2010 3:27 AM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake
Foot Forward: Right

I am a fan of the simplicity of the "liner out of shell" boot. This style includes the FM E-series, RS-1/Strada, Obrien Elite (should start shipping in early spring). Unlike the "hybrid" boots like the front-lace Approach or Enzo, these boots were designed with a specific release mechanism that allows for consistent and verifiable release tension.

#6 Sun, Jan 17, 2010 3:36 PM

Tanger

Thank you all for the feedback, I have spoken to Paul at FM and I will contact him again. Any other suggestions appreciated.

Chet (Tanger)

#7 Mon, Jan 18, 2010 8:53 PM

Shark

We have put animals on the back boot of a Quattro system in the past.  Maybe 1/2 doz times over the years. It's custom stuff and costs more as a result. At the end of the day, a molded boot has a way better fit, and with open toe and bungy laces does a good job of being as flexible as a rubber.  So run a buckled boot up front and laces in the back. Even with the E boot, where the skier comes out of the shell, we have releasable buckle now called the Z Lock  - so we can run 3 buckles up front.  I ran this through the fall and JT is trying this new tech out now too. Cheers, Paul
PS Been a while since I checked out this site - really blown up nice job.

Last edited by Shark (Mon, Jan 18, 2010 8:55 PM)

Board footer