Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Jan 15, 2010 11:01 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Marcus Brown Live Chat Tonight!

Chat Monday Night Live with Marcus at 8 Eastern 5 Pacific

This evening at 5PM Pacific, 8PM Eastern, Marcus Brown will be hosting the third in his series of "Fireside Chats".

Today's talk will be coming from Jackson, Wyoming, where Marcus is visiting Richard Abelson and Jamie Beauchesne.

Drop by the ChatBox this evening to participate!

Over the last month, Marcus has hosted a few of these chats, and they're a lot of fun. You can interact in real-time by posting messages to the chatbox on the right, while watching the video feed on the left.

http://www.proskicoach.com/img/live_chat_marcus.jpg

#2 Mon, Jan 18, 2010 4:46 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Re: Marcus Brown Live Chat Tonight!

Let's get some topics going for tonight's chat. I know that 38orbust has been going off (Please don't post another 1,000 word dissertation on this thread!) so there's plenty to talk about.

In 200 words or less, what do you want Marcus and the gang to talk about?

#3 Mon, Jan 18, 2010 5:23 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

Binders are always a hot topic during the winter, and there are several new options floating around. What do you like? What don't you like. Is there a particular kind of boot or style of release that you wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole? Specifically for Marcus: are you going to be using the new EXO boots?

Don't think I'll be able to stop by tonight, but have fun all.

#4 Mon, Jan 18, 2010 5:26 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

We'll have the chat recorded so it will be available if you can't make it tonight. The second part of the season premier of 24 is on tonight, I know, but you can Hulu it.

Marcus has gone into his personal binding preferences a lot already in the first two chats. We missed the recording on the first one, but we've got the second. Watch Webchat #2 if you haven't already.

#5 Mon, Jan 18, 2010 6:22 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Just putting together an itinerary... anything else please add to this thread

On Speed
->Someone heard that Someone Else said that Karina Nowlan Told Someone that she "doesn't want speed" and "speed is her enemy".
->There was a water ski cover with the words "The Need for Speed"
->Schnitz has a post saying that the "Perfect line is both the fastes and the slowest possible"
So,
is speed a good thing, or a bad thing?
What sort of speed is good or bad?

On Angles
->What's the best cross-course angle for a skier at 15 off?
->What is the best body lean / ski edge angle for a skier at 15 off?
->Andy Mapple "Go hard and if that doesnt work go harder" - does this work for longer line skiers?

The Tortoise and the Hare - 38orBust
Is West Coast the Hare?
Is NE Style the Tortoise?
Is the goal of west coast to ski with the most cross course angle possible?
Is the goal of west coast to ski with as much angle out of the turn as possible?
Is the goal of west coast to achieve extreme acceleration out of the buoy?
Who skis the west coast style the best?

Why does 35 off seem so much different? - millertime
"I am now running my -32 passes pretty regular and at times very easy. But that -35 pass is killing me. What makes that rope length so different?"

#6 Mon, Jan 18, 2010 7:16 PM

HO410

Give me some credit Wade. One of my former roommates hosts gaming parties for Middle and High School students on Monday evenings. So being one of the "responsible adults," I have to be there to 1. help check egos from time to time. 2. make sure "you suck" is about as profane as the language gets.

I might see if the Hero can pull down the video feed, but I'm thinking that might be a little past the capabilities of the phone.

Last edited by HO410 (Mon, Jan 18, 2010 7:20 PM)

#7 Mon, Jan 18, 2010 7:20 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

HO410 wrote:

Give me some credit Wade. One of my former roommates hosts gaming parties for Middle and High School students on Monday evenings. So being one of the "responsible adults," I have to be there to 1. help check egos from time to time. 2. make sure "you suck" is about as profane as the language gets.

Credit given.. I'm pretty sure that I will be hulu-ing 24 as soon as the chat breaks up tonight.

And "you suck" got someone suspended where I went to school! Better get out the paddle and get the youth back in line!

\/\/

#8 Mon, Jan 18, 2010 8:02 PM

HO410

Well, I think we're debuting our new behavior expectations tonight.

Expectation 1. Be respectful

Expectation 2. Don't do meth!!!

-highjack over-

#9 Mon, Jan 18, 2010 8:17 PM

38orbusted
Sorry, this user's posts have been removed

#10 Wed, Jan 20, 2010 6:49 PM

HO410

Okay, got around to listening to the replays. It sounds good, lots of potential, I'm sure the live experience is much different. I think this format will benefit greatly form a co-host or a steady stable of guest-hosts. Again, my Monday evenings are booked. I might be able to sneak onto the chat, but trying to follow show live is probably not going to happen. So I'll preemptively put my question here.

Handle safety: Hypothetically, Marcus Brown is working closely with Accurate to make a new line of waterski handles that are safer. What are your goals for the safer handle? What will you do to the design of the handle to reach these goals?

Board footer