Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Jan 8, 2010 1:02 AM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

New year, New Resolutions!

I hope 2010 is the start of much Good in all of our lives! May God Bless us all...

In Life, I seem to have much to complain about. But in reality, I'm sure that I probably have even more things to appreciate and be thankful for. How or why do I continue to miss my many Blessings? I often wonder why I mistakenly "Appreciate" or otherwise pay Homage to many things in my Life that are less then desirable? i.e. Things like; why we are often hurt So deeply and thoroughly by the smallest of words and can feel the pain clear to our very core when someone does us wrong. (seems we sometimes never forget...) Yet, most of us are seldom moved for more then a nano second when someone does us right? Or when they tell us they Love us, or when we are Healthy, or when the Sun shines, the car starts or we simply awake in the morning with the opportunity to be alive with LIFE, etc... (I'm guilty!)

I wish I could stop "Appreciating" or otherwise paying attention to such things as  dirty looks from other drivers, or the selfish rudeness of others that life can often bring out even in the best of us... And begin to maybe have some empathy and compassion for the struggle and plight that helped put others in their unglamorous disposition to begin with. I would also like to grow more aware and appreciable for the many other little things in life like; smiles and good gestures from those who owe me nothing. Of course, in reality, No one "owes" me anything and "Score cards" are surely the foundation of much of my daily frustrations...

I guess if there is any truth to "Sowing & Reaping," "Karma," or the Law of Attraction, then I guess I should make this my New Years Resolution! -Oh alright, I'll commit to appreciate more, score less and to be thankful for all that comes my way in 2010!

(note to self; read the above prescription every 4-6 hrs. as needed to relieve  symptoms of chronic Human nature...) -ha,ha!

I have to wonder, how much Good is out there just waiting for me to take notice!

Thanx Wade and all the very Cool people on PSC!smile

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#2 Fri, Jan 8, 2010 6:49 AM

tjo
Foot Forward: Right

Re: New year, New Resolutions!

Dude, you should be writing novels or something for a living. 

Happy new year to you too!

Travis Ogden

#3 Fri, Jan 8, 2010 1:41 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Agreed. Great inspirational post, Lee. Happy new year!

#4 Fri, Jan 8, 2010 11:56 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Thanx Guy's!smile Your both much too kind...

Travis, I sure wish I could be making a living writing, -Construction sure ain't doing it anymore!sad -ha,ha!

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

Board footer