Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Jan 5, 2010 9:01 PM

Butte-Ski
Skis At: Lake Oroville
Foot Forward: Right

Connelly F1x / Binding selection help

What a Great Web site.

I have a couple questions. I started skiing again late last summer after a really long layoff. Skiing on an old HO mach1, running fifteen off @t 32mph. I just found a blank Connelly F1X cheap. The ski has never been used and is yellow in color. I was wondering how old this ski is? I’m thinking of the Connelly sidewinder bindings. Like the idea of stepping in, pull lever, cinch laces and go. My eleven year old son is now slalom skiing. So I’m absolutely stoked to be skiing again.
Time on  the lake with family, it doesn’t get any better than that!
Any feedback on these questions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Butte-Ski

#2 Tue, Jan 5, 2010 10:07 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

Re: Connelly F1x / Binding selection help

I'm thinking that would be 2004. You can wade through old catalogs at the Connelly site if you click on support and then product info. I cannot say with a great degree of certainty, but I think 2004 was the first year of the new insert pattern so you should be good to go with whatever you choose for bindings. It never hurts to give them a call and make certain.

Don't have anything to say about the Sidewinder's other than that there are a lot of bindings and you do not have to limit yourself to what is in the Connelly line. If that ski does use the current inserts, then any front boot will fit. The only question is the rear boot, and that is not usually all that difficult to sort out.

#3 Tue, Jan 5, 2010 10:13 PM

trichter12
Skis At:
Foot Forward: Left

As mentioned by HO410;
Here is the 2004 PDF: http://connellyskis.com/uploads/files/c … t/2004.pdf (see page two for the F1X)
This is the products page: http://connellyskis.com/index.php?mod=skier_support#

Travis

#4 Sun, Jan 10, 2010 3:22 AM

Butte-Ski
Skis At: Lake Oroville

H0410 & Travis,

Thanks for the great feedback.

Butte-Ski

#5 Tue, Jan 12, 2010 1:49 AM

BScolt

I would look at a pair of Wileys to get you started

#6 Tue, Jan 12, 2010 6:04 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

I've always found bindings to be extremely personal. I try to restrict my talk on bindings to descriptions and avoid recommendations. So for what it's worth.

Favorite Rubber: Wiley's. A thousand times over, Wiley's

Not Rubber: RS-1 (This is more endorsement of release concept: liner release from shell. So this would also include the FM E-series and soon the Obrien Elites)

Last edited by HO410 (Tue, Jan 12, 2010 6:08 PM)

Board footer