Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Wed, Dec 16, 2009 9:53 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"
Foot Forward: Right

Skiin around Solid wakes

Hey Guys! i ask this question to Marcus on that live chat, but right after i unfortunately had to get off for thirty min :'( so i missed his answer (if he did) i wouldn't know...

so basically i've been skiin on a considerable large wake and when i use rope lengths up to 22 off its pretty soft. but when i shorten the rope any more the wake turns rock hard... (harder than any other wake i've skied across) i'm not sure if that's normal or not but i'm wondering - whats the best way to conquer a hard and lightly large wake with out it shooting my into the sky??
thanks
-plotz

i swear this site is turning into my home...

#2 Wed, Dec 16, 2009 10:28 PM

Griff
Skis At: Richmond Water Ski Club

Re: Skiin around Solid wakes

I think I say your questions and it stated you were behind a Supra, is that right?  What year, and does it have a wake plate to allow wake shaping?  What speed are you going?

The wakes behind any boat are generally worse slower and longer.  Most boats have some issues at or around 22 off.  The key is to make sure you are on edge and properly stacked with the ski between you and the boat when looking down the line.  That is, handle close to your body and you not bending at the waist.  Believe me, that was my problem.

Do you ski at Lake Anna?  I'm in Richmond.  Do we know each other?
Griff

#3 Wed, Dec 16, 2009 10:35 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"

Re: Skiin around Solid wakes

Yeah! its a 2001  Supra Launch first year they came out with the Launch. & yes it does have a wake plate we've messed with it several times trying to find the best setting (its not automatic so only way to change it is to jump into the water and adjust it)

yeah i ski at lake Anna, on the Hot side :] & ummm i don't think so... cuz the only skiers i really know ski with me at lake Anna.. the Lingo's maybe you know them??

i swear this site is turning into my home...

Board footer