Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Dec 14, 2009 8:58 PM

pilsner
Skis At: Lake Anna, VA
Foot Forward: Right

O'Brien Siege and Podium

My father and I have been free slalom skiing for a long time and would like to get a nicer ski.  My goal is to buy something that we can use to free ski and start working on a course.  I am currently able to get a good deal on either the O’brien Siege or Podium but don’t know which would be better.  While the Siege seems to get ok reviews I can’t seem to find much about the Podium.  My father is about 200 lbs and I am 185 lbs so I was thinking a common ski length should work.  Any thoughts?  Thanks for the help with our purchase.

#2 Tue, Dec 15, 2009 4:26 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

Re: O'Brien Siege and Podium

At this point, wider is usually better.

#3 Tue, Dec 15, 2009 9:51 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

I've got an 08 68" O'brian Mission w/dbl. Targa boots that I only used Aug. & Sep. of 08. It's in Brand New cond. and the perfect size for you and your Dad. ($499.99 @ Overtons. I'll let it go cheap.) E/M me if your interested...

Last edited by h20dawg79 (Tue, Dec 15, 2009 9:52 PM)

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#4 Tue, Dec 15, 2009 11:01 PM

ski4daluv

The 2009 Siege is actually out of the Sixam 2.0 mold, an awesome ski! Just make sure you're getting a 2009, the black red and white Siege.

#5 Wed, Dec 16, 2009 12:09 AM

pilsner
Skis At: Lake Anna, VA

Thanks for the help everyone.
HO410, just to show how green I am... Which of these is wider?

#6 Wed, Dec 16, 2009 3:16 AM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

I'm not super familiar with the O'brien line, but it looks like the Siege is the wider ski. My basic suggestion to people unfamiliar with the range of skis available is to shop for your needs first and then figure what fits in your budget.

Wade, if you ever wondered if PSC.com was Android compatible... so far so good.

Board footer