Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Oct 1, 2007 4:01 PM

Ed

Radar Senate

Chris,

I am in the market for a 65" Senate and would like to know if there are going to be any changes to the 2008 Senate compared to the 2007?  I am not in a hurry to buy one since the season is about over, but would like to pick one up before Spring skiing begins.  If there are any changes, I will wait to buy one.

Thanks,
Ed

#2 Tue, Oct 2, 2007 11:54 AM

Ed Obermeier

Re: Radar Senate

Ed, have you actually ridden one and if so what are your impressions?

Ed

#3 Tue, Oct 2, 2007 2:59 PM

Ed

Ed O.
The other day over on thewaterskiforum.com I asked for your impression if you get to ride a Senate.  I have not ridden one yet, but from everything I have read about it, the Senate seems to be the ski I will be buying next.  You said you are on an MPD; I am on a 67" Triumph now running 30 mph consistently and getting some full passes at 32 mph.  I believe I bought it back in the Spring based on your recommendation in a Nicholls website discussion. If that was you I want to thank you for the advice; the Triumph has been a great ski (very stable, no surprises, very few OTF falls, and turns when you ask it to, not on its own).  But the 67" length along with the width, sometimes just seems too big for me (my weight is 155 lbs., and am 53 years old).  I had the chance to try a 65" Evidence for several sets a couple of weeks ago, and could not believe how fast the ski was crossing the wakes.  So I want to upgrade now.  Anyway, a long story, but I am wanting a 65" Senate now.
Ed F.

#4 Tue, Oct 2, 2007 11:47 PM

Ed Obermeier

Sorry Ed F., I didn't reconize that it was the same Ed from the other forum.  Like you I'm just anxious to learn whatever I can about the other skis in the Radar lineup and jumped without looking...

I have been fairly vocal about recommending the Triumph to skiers at your level etc and if I had anything to do with you getting one, especially since it works for you, you're entirely welcome.  I've seen quite a few folks switch to the Triumph and gain ground fairly quickly - it's a great ski.  Eddie @ Radar was instrumental in bringing that ski out when he was at HO and I'm anxious to see what he's done in that regard with the Radar lineup.  (Too many Ed's here...)

As I stated on the other forum, I think (hope) I'll be getting an opportunity to ride the Senate in a couple of weeks and compare it to my MPD.  If/when I do I'll be most happy to pass along my impressions of it.  Generally I'm interested to find out what this new generation of 34 mph-specific skis has to offer and how they differ from the standing top-line skis (like the MPD i.e.).

Ed O.

#5 Wed, Oct 3, 2007 12:26 AM

Ed

Ed O.

I am looking forward to your comments if you do in fact get on a Senate.  My goal is to get to 34 mph next summer and am looking for the best ski to help me get there.  I will never get deep short line, but 22 off @ 34 would be great for me. 

I do not live near a pro shop, so I do not have the luxury of test riding skis and have tried to read any postings about the Senate.  The Senate sounds good but I have not heard from people who actually use one.  Any impressions would be nice to learn.  Thanks!

Ed F.

#6 Fri, Oct 5, 2007 3:22 AM

ChrisRossi
Foot Forward: Right

Ed,
     I grabbed a 65" Senate off the showroom floor at expo, mounted the new RS-1 boots on it, and took it for a ride at 34mph.  28, 32, 35, 38, 39, and in to the dock.  This is a serious ski.  It casts out really well and then seems to pull itself back in from the apex.  It was a very enjoyable experience.  I have said for years that guys at 34 need skis with more surface area then guys at 36.  As you slow the boat down, the ski rides deeper in the water which requires considerably more effort to ride and which also reduces a skiers room for error.  I expect great things from this ski!

Chris

#7 Fri, Dec 14, 2007 1:02 PM

slalomdude

Chris,
any more information on the all carbon version of the Senate

#8 Sun, Dec 16, 2007 3:51 AM

BuoyChaser
Skis At: Long Pond, Northwood NH
Foot Forward: LFF

some smokin' deals on the Senate for $240 http://shop.skierspier.com/browse.cfm/2,82.html

2008 MC PS197 with ZO upgrade with 2011 Radar Senate C 67" working to smoke that 36-28 consistently in any tourney.

#9 Tue, Dec 18, 2007 3:32 AM

JC

Would it be beneficial for a guy (me) who is around the 6'1'', 210lbs range running into 32 off at 36mph to go to a wider ski (the Senate)? Currently on a 68'' MPD, but we don't get along very well, I never really know what I am going to get at the ball. I know my body position is suspect but it is still way too unforgiving in my opinion. I would like to regain some consistency in my skiing again so would the Senate be an option?

#10 Tue, Dec 18, 2007 6:27 PM

BuoyChaser

JC wrote:

Would it be beneficial for a guy (me) who is around the 6'1'', 210lbs range running into 32 off at 36mph to go to a wider ski (the Senate)? Currently on a 68'' MPD, but we don't get along very well, I never really know what I am going to get at the ball. I know my body position is suspect but it is still way too unforgiving in my opinion. I would like to regain some consistency in my skiing again so would the Senate be an option?

JC - My thoughts would apply the same concept with snow skis, the newer "shaped" skis everyone is going shorter, because the skis are wider in the tip/tail. I would think the same applies for the Senate, but never having skied on one, I don't know. From the description it doesn't appear much wider "minimally". Check out their site http://radarskis.com and view the cool new looking catalog.

http://radarskis.com/images/pages/8_9/popups/8_9_02.jpg

http://radarskis.com/images/pages/covers/popups/cover_01.jpg

2008 MC PS197 with ZO upgrade with 2011 Radar Senate C 67" working to smoke that 36-28 consistently in any tourney.

#11 Wed, Dec 19, 2007 1:42 AM

BuoyChaser

if you haven't already checked it out, see what Eddie Roberts has to say about the Senate http://thewaterskiforum.com/cgi-bin/BBS … read=38968

Board footer