Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Mon, Nov 2, 2009 8:41 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Ski Log Scores

Welcome to November!

I am really excited about where the site is headed. I've been compiling a lot of good ideas over the last month or so... we'll be changing everything in 2010 if all goes according to plan.

Sooooo who does NOT want their ski log scores submitted to a ranking list here on the site ? ? ? ?

Starting off slow now... but this will turn into something a lot bigger, for sure.

#2 Mon, Nov 2, 2009 11:39 PM

Deke
Skis At: 15/34

Re: Ski Log Scores

Wade,  what will ski log scores really show?  Those scores are highest of set but not necessarily in any order.  For example, I can make 1 at -28 but I haven't completed a -22 !?!?  Just thinkin'...

Deke

#3 Tue, Nov 3, 2009 12:39 AM

rfskis

I'm game.....

#4 Tue, Nov 3, 2009 2:12 AM

ScotChipman

Sure

Scot Chipman

#5 Tue, Nov 3, 2009 10:24 AM

tsixam
Foot Forward: LF

I have no problem with that.
Tsixam

#6 Tue, Nov 3, 2009 11:22 AM

Griff
Skis At: Richmond Water Ski Club

Sure, go for it!
Griff

#7 Tue, Nov 3, 2009 1:48 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Canyon Lake, Ca.
Foot Forward: right

Is that going to be a ranking list for the site or how would it work? Just curious? Go for it! It would be cool!!!

#8 Tue, Nov 3, 2009 6:18 PM

whatup33
Skis At: cutler

i'm on board,  thanks for putting it together Wade.   so will you start it 2010 with 09 logs or will it just be for new logged sets after you get it up and running?

Chris

#9 Tue, Nov 3, 2009 7:19 PM

MChilcutt
Skis At: Utah Lake

Im good with it.

MC

#10 Tue, Nov 3, 2009 11:06 PM

buddy

Can you set it up so people can opt out?  Some of us may be embarassed! wink

I'm not saying I would opt out myself... I don't even have a ski log.......... yet.

Last edited by buddy (Tue, Nov 3, 2009 11:07 PM)

#11 Sun, Nov 8, 2009 11:01 PM

MattP
Skis At: Searching
Foot Forward: Left

im in but i agree with buddy some people might what to opt out later on

Looking for a place to ski near Kennesaw, Ga.
-MattP

#12 Mon, Nov 9, 2009 3:41 AM

Kirt

Sounds good to me.

#13 Tue, Nov 10, 2009 3:56 PM

CamRon

Do it!!

[Tactic Media] [Slow Motion Ski Edits Dropping Summer 2010]

#14 Wed, Nov 11, 2009 4:26 AM

H20SkiGirl
Skis At: Pulligan Pond

Hey Wade what a great idea... I am in for sure, hey it will make us be serious about every set big_smile  Looking forward to next years season....

Observe, Listen, Learn, Share and Grow, but most of all have fun~

#15 Wed, Nov 11, 2009 4:06 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

H20SkiGirl wrote:

Hey Wade what a great idea... I am in for sure, hey it will make us be serious about every set big_smile

Exactly!

It's on the plangenda. I'll give this tidbit out about the list already... Parrish is ranked #1, Marcus Brown 2nd. I'm 16th.

#16 Wed, Nov 11, 2009 5:14 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Canyon Lake, Ca.
Foot Forward: right

Cool Stuff!!!

#17 Wed, Nov 11, 2009 5:51 PM

ScotChipman

Wade, What is my rank?

Scot Chipman

#18 Sun, Nov 22, 2009 1:16 PM

Skiboy
Skis At: Pigeon Lake @ Ski Tek

Sounds great, but my next log will be down there in February, see u then:lol:

Skiing Finatic Once Again

#19 Sun, Nov 22, 2009 3:55 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

#20 Sun, Nov 22, 2009 6:37 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Deke wrote:

Wade,  what will ski log scores really show?  Those scores are highest of set but not necessarily in any order.  For example, I can make 1 at -28 but I haven't completed a -22 !?!?  Just thinkin'...

Deke

Great point Deke. I think the goal would be to complete your 22 off pass. When you fill out your "best score" if you didn't run 22, then 1@28 wouldn't be your best score in a tournament-style set.

So we're looking for the best balance of training effectiveness and a fun way to encourage some friendly competition. More thoughts always welcome.

#21 Mon, Nov 23, 2009 2:31 PM

Deke
Skis At: 15/34

WadeWilliams wrote:

Deke wrote:

Deke

Great point Deke. I think the goal would be to complete your 22 off pass. When you fill out your "best score" if you didn't run 22, then 1@28 wouldn't be your best score in a tournament-style set.

So we're looking for the best balance of training effectiveness and a fun way to encourage some friendly competition. More thoughts always welcome.

Yeah, I get it.  I have to admit though that I only go "tournament style" for the first set of a day.  The rest of the time is spent practicing and/or trying to learn technique.  And I believe that is true for most people at my level who are really trying to learn and break out of the low end.  Maybe it would be good to separate the tournament style ball count from whatever you want to call the other.  They're both important and tracking the latter helps you see your progress in getting to your next hurdle even though it may have taken 2 or 3 tries.

Deke

#22 Mon, Nov 23, 2009 4:27 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier

Deke wrote:

Maybe it would be good to separate the tournament style ball count from whatever you want to call the other.  They're both important and tracking the latter helps you see your progress in getting to your next hurdle even though it may have taken 2 or 3 tries.

For sure. I'm still mulling over the options for this. If it's a true tournament set, there is already a pull-down in the log for "tournament" and "practice".  The way I want to move is to encourage some interleague competition. So there are a few issues that come up, when you have all different varieties and levels of skiers skiing different amounts throughout each week of the summer. I want to see teams and weekly tournaments. But then there's also the problem of sandbagging. That'd be a total waste of time to log a lot of sets when it's going off your average score -- but if you just click the "tournament" button to log your score, then I think we will pick up a few people who aren't as genuine as the rest of us.

I hear what you're saying about one tournament set a day. Personally I haven't even been doing very many tournament sets -- I did a lot of 32 offs this year. So my average looks a little lower than it should. As a suggestion for advancing your techniuque, I would recommend cleaning your 22 off passes really smoothly before shortening it up to 28. The better your 22s, the better your 28s. Same thing I've been doing this year with all my 32s.

When we get to the point that we'll be scoring on a weekly basis, I'm thinking that we're going to pick a random set and take your score from that set versus your average score. So if you ski 6 buoys better than your average, your score would be 6. Team scores would be the average of all the skiers on the team.

#23 Wed, Nov 25, 2009 2:27 AM

miski
Skis At: Jepawhit, Lyons, SkiTec

This is cool Wade - I like it!  I think it is motivating to see this and the ideas on where this could go sound like a lot of fun.

Board footer