Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Nov 20, 2009 3:36 AM

SteveDoc
Skis At: Sacramento Delta
Foot Forward: right

HO S1 ski

Just received my new S1 ski today very excited. I'm going to start with the factory settings and see how things go. I'm hoping to use it a couple of times next week. Any tips on how I should handle a new ski?
Steve

#2 Fri, Nov 20, 2009 8:00 AM

Thomas Wayne

Re: HO S1 ski

Keep the narrow end behind you and the side with the bindings uppermost at all times.

TW

#3 Fri, Nov 20, 2009 1:36 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Congrats!
It's been said to wash the bottom side with a warm dish soap solution to remove the anti mold residue, etc... to improve tracking. I can't say if this tip is only an old skiers ex-wives tale or a real fact...

They sound like a very cool 34 mph ski, how much did you get it for?

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#4 Fri, Nov 20, 2009 2:37 PM

WadeWilliams
Pro Skier
Skis At: Not short enough
Foot Forward: Right

Keep track of everything you learn about your new ski in your free ski log, click the link next to the forum at the top!

#5 Sat, Nov 21, 2009 5:32 AM

SteveDoc
Skis At: Sacramento Delta
Foot Forward: right

Thanks for the tips guys I'll keep track of how it skis and reacts to any adjustments I make.
Dawg do those old skier ex-wives tales come from to much skiing?.....It cost a lot.
Steve

#6 Sat, Nov 21, 2009 2:22 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

Besides the saying; "Everything in moderation"...

Maybe the other choices would be: "We interupt this marriage for ski season"...

or "The Family that ski's together stays together"??? (it sure is nice to have a boat driver in the family!)big_smile

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#7 Sat, Nov 21, 2009 7:02 PM

Thomas Wayne

h20dawg79 wrote:

[...]

or "The Family that ski's together stays together"??? (it sure is nice to have a boat driver in the family!)big_smile

I've always said Perfect Pass missed the boat when they didn't offer one version called "The Marriage Saver".

TW

Board footer