Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Fri, Nov 13, 2009 3:00 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"
Foot Forward: Right

New Water Ski Recommendation

Hey!  for the past couple years i have been skiing on a HO mach 1 ski.  On it I've been able to confidently ski (on a course) at 28 off 34mph, and now i feel like I'm really for an upper level ski. One that can take me through tournaments and competitions.  I've tested a few "upper" ski's and i love the feel of them.  If any one could give me a recommendation for a good intermediate competition ski for me to look into, it would really help! A couple ski's I've been looking into are the Radar Annex, Connelly f1, and a few others.  And Advice in what i should look into would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!
- Plotz

i swear this site is turning into my home...

#2 Fri, Nov 13, 2009 3:41 PM

EdJohnson

Re: New Water Ski Recommendation

Personally, I ski on the Goode 9900 Wide Ride. It is so easy to ski on a Cave man could run shortline....My second choice would be the Radar Strada, then the Z-7. I feel these are the top 3 skis right now and you can't go wrong with any of them.....ED

#3 Fri, Nov 13, 2009 4:08 PM

tjo

Ya, if you are skiing 28 off @ 34 it is definetely time to upgrade.  I don't disagree with Ed's comments.  For what it's worth, I converted from HO (System 8) to D3 (RCX) this last spring and the transition was super easy.

Travis Ogden

#4 Fri, Nov 13, 2009 4:09 PM

ScotChipman

I'm with ED and ski on the easy to use GOODE 9900 Wide Ride...... however I could easily love and own the O'Brien Elite, Radar Strada, or D3 Z7. A bunch of good skis to choose from these days.

Scot Chipman

#5 Fri, Nov 13, 2009 5:17 PM

HO410
Skis At: Outlaw Lake

I would suggest that you contact a good proshop like h2osmosis and see what 2009 or demo skis they have on clearance. I also know that Bennett's (www.3eventstore.com) has smoking deals on RS-1s (both boots and skis). You could also check out ski-it-again.com. There are plenty of skiers that demo a ski, keep it, but then choose something else, or they just buy a new ski each year. Despite the sticker shock of these skis, there are some good deals to be had out there.

I've known several skiers that opted for the System 8 (comparable to something like the Annex, essentially RS-1 jr.), to save a couple hundred, over the Monza. It's not that the System 8 was a bad ski. In fact it is a very good ski, but there is a point where the bump in performance, when moving to the Monza, is gratefully welcomed. Just 2 cents. Make of it what you will.

Last edited by HO 410 (Fri, Nov 13, 2009 5:20 PM)

#6 Fri, Nov 13, 2009 10:49 PM

h20dawg79
Water Ski Sage
Skis At: Old Hickory Lake, TN.
Foot Forward: left

I have an Annex. But, if I hadn't gotten such an extreme Killer deal on it, I would absolutely go with the Senate "C" for 34 mph. (I still may buy one???)

Who knows, the Strata may be the Hottest new ticket out there. But, imo it's way to soon to know who it might benefit the most. The Senate "C" will probably be about 1/2 the cost of a lot great ski's and it is still carbon!

Best bang for the Buck @ 34mph; I'm going with the Senate "C" and RS-1 Bindings...smile

"Warning" -the Surgeon General has determined; That the preceding statements accurately reflect the views and opinions consistent with "DSS" (Delusional Slalomitis Syndrome) a highly contagious life altering condition... (Handle with Extreme care & Patience)

#7 Sat, Nov 14, 2009 12:34 AM

Thomas Wayne

The Annex, Senate-C, and RS-1 are all very close cousins, differing primarily in width and layup only.

TW

#8 Mon, Nov 23, 2009 1:15 PM

Pl0tz
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Lake Anna's "hot side"

Hey! thanks for all the awesome recommendations! i ended up finding an AMAZING dead on a Radar Annex!  CAN'T WAIT for it to come in!! & jump in that- ohhh soooo missed missed water and just ski.  B)
-plotz

i swear this site is turning into my home...

Board footer