Water Ski Coaching from Professional Waterskiers at ProSkiCoach.com

Announcement

We've Moved

The forum here @ PSC has been fun, but we're going to transplant it in much more fertile pastures.

If you already have a PSC account, use your email address to Request A New Password to get started @wetJacket

#1 Tue, Nov 3, 2009 8:02 PM

Slicer_Al
Foot Forward: right

Approach bindings

I have been thinking of triing the HO approach binding because of the forward tilt they are designed to have.  I have also heard that people aren't coming completely out of the binding when they fall and getting ankle injuries.  My questions are, is the approach worth the forward tilt design?  and could you used the Goode interloc system with the approach bindings to prevent the ankle injury?

#2 Tue, Nov 3, 2009 8:28 PM

StevenHaines
Slalom Mentor
Skis At: Canyon Lake, Ca.
Foot Forward: right

Re: Approach bindings

My experience with the Approach binding was short lived! I liked the support, but the release was less than stellar! I had the front foot release on me twice leaving my rear foot in. That was the last I time I used them! I do know several people that swear by them though.

#3 Tue, Nov 3, 2009 9:13 PM

twinskier
Foot Forward: Right

I just got rid of my approachs and went to the RS-1.  The Approach had good support and the forward lean took some getting used to, but they are very narrow at the forefoot.  i have a wide foot and I could only get through maybe 3 passes before the pain was too much to take.  I never came out of my Approaches on a fall.

#4 Wed, Nov 4, 2009 12:19 AM

tjo
Foot Forward: Right

There have been several threads on Approach bindings on this site over the past 12-months.  Not sure if you have searched for them yet, but if you are considering purchasing them, I'd recommend reading up on all of those posts. 

For myself, I used the Approaches for one year.  My experience is similar to the previous two comments.  I converted to the RS-1's and have been happy.  If you are looking for a recommendation, I'd recommend looking at the various hardshell options.

Travis Ogden

Board footer